31

The past few days were stressful and most of them were spent at Tsukishima's house.

His brother and mom were very kind to me, and allowed me to stay as long as I wanted.

I couldn't bring myself to sleep in my own house.

We organized having Baa-baa's ashes by next week, instead of a funeral.

She told me she wanted to be spread at a specific place when she dies.

Tsukishima has been by my side this whole time too.

Nobody else knows about Baa-baa's passing, except for his family. So, I just have to make it seem like everything's okay.

Everything's okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How are you doing this morning, Lena?" Akiteru walks into the kitchen.

He pours himself some coffee and sits at the table with me.

"I'm okay." I quietly reply.

"Are you sur-"

"Akiteru." Tsukishima interrupts his brother.

I immediately stand up and walk over to Tsukishima's side. It's like I gravitate to him now.

Makes me feel like a lost puppy.

"You ready?" Tsukishima looks slightly down at me.

I nod my head and we head out of his house.

Last night, we came to an agreement to spend the Saturday at my house. Since Sunday is the day we do the ashes.

He convinced me that it would make me more comfortable if I slept in my own bed the night before.

Perhaps this is his way of kicking me out.

{Tsukishima's POV}

Lena has changed, far too much.

She's become silent and in a way, dull. Which is understandable after a death.

But, I still hate it.

I miss her smile and, God help me, I miss her laugh too much. More than I should.

Seeing her cry, somehow made my heart sting.

I still have memories that flash in the back of my brain, of her crying. It happened once, but it's hard to believe someone like her cries.

It's hard to believe many things lately.

Just a few months ago, I couldn't bring myself to staying around her for more than 5 minutes.

Now, I can't stay away from her.

{Lena's POV}

After a quiet bus ride over, we walk closer to my house.

Memories of Baa-baa kept overflowing in my brain.

I can't possibly cry in front of Tsukishima. At least not right now.

He's seen me cry once, but that was already one too many. He must think I'm such a crybaby.

"Lena. I-" he quickly cuts himself off.

"What?" I question him.

His face gave me an uncertain reaction. Almost like a, disgusted person.

"Never mind." he replies and looks up ahead.

What did I do?

Before I could further investigate, we arrived in front of my house.