Kenshirou x Reader - Blind Date/Kiji's Makeup

Start bij het begin

"Thank you so much!" you trilled, giving him a big thumbs up. "It's amazing!"

"Glad you like it," Kiji said, satisfied with a job well done. "Now go get your man!"

You smoothed out your (favorite color) dress and skipped out to the place Samon had told you to meet the mystery guy.

"You really dolled her up...," Samon commented when Kiji showed the others some photos he snapped of you before you left for the date.

"He already likes her for her personality, so I just wanted to have some fun with her beautiful face," Kiji defended himself. "I went through three different shades of eyeshadow before settling on the one she has on now."

You did look like a real stunner, thanks to Kiji's handiwork. Even Ruka would have had to admit that your face radiated elegance and class. Not that it mattered too much - As Kiji mentioned, Kenshirou already liked you for YOU, so whether you wore a ton of makeup or not was of very little consequence.

"You may have overdone her eyebrows," Hajime criticized.

"As if you would know anything about makeup," the pheasant supervisor huffed goodnaturedly.

~Timeskip 2, brought to you by Tsukumo's "Mom" (I'm slowly running out of timeskip ideas since I used them all up in my OTHER Nanbaka book lol)~

The man sitting across from you at the dinner table was none other than Kenshirou Yozakura. His handsome face was pointed downward, scanning the restaurant's menu thoughtfully.

You were trying to keep yourself together. Kenshirou was certainly not who you had expected Samon to set you up with. You tried to remember if you had ever told Samon about your crush on Building 4's leader. No... You had kept your mouth clamped shut, so no one knew. You had always assumed he was out of your league anyways. No need to reach so far... Right? So what the frick was this?

You hoped he was not disappointed by you. In reality, the circumstances were quite the opposite. Kenshirou was trying to gage your mood, trying to read the situation. He wanted this to go well, really well. He was having a hard time keeping focused on choosing an item from the menu. Your pretty features were right there in front of him, so close.

"You look really nice, (F/n)," he said once the waiter had taken your orders.

"Thanks!" you said.

From there, he asked you a few questions that got the ball rolling. Your curiosities in one another were quenched and expanded as you learned more about what made the other laugh, smile, and tick. The date was spent feeling each other out through conversation. It was everything Kenshirou had dreamed about. Whenever you opened your mouth to speak, he was fully engaged and mesmerized.

Dinner was served, eaten, and forgotten. The only thing he wanted to pay attention to was you and your future. He hoped dearly that he could be a part of that future.

Behind your shaped lashes, your emotions were hitting overdrive. The connection was deep. His seriousness began to fade the more you discussed the topics that interested you both. He relaxed into your company, something you noticed and appreciated.

"So you like taking walks at night?" he asked when you expressed an inclination toward such an activity.

"Yes! The starlight is always pleasant," you said. "I am careful, of course."

"Hmm. How about we take one now, then?"

"I'd like that."

The two of you stepped out of the restaurant, turning in the direction most natural for an evening stroll.

The starlight really did present the best backdrop for what came next. As you walked, your gaze caught your companion's gaze steadily. Your stares got tangled in one another, his eye looking back at you with a measured intensity that drew you forward.

His lips flew to yours immediately, his hands grasping you to his body. Just as the food from dinner was forgotten, the idea of walking any further was also quickly disregarded in favor of this pleasing lip-service.

"I want to let you in on a little secret," Kenshirou said, brushing a loose strand of hair from your face in a gentle, subtle touch.

"Okay," you murmured, smiling up at him.

"This date was only a blind date from your angle," he said.

"Huh?"

"I've liked you for a long time, and Samon was nice enough to help me out by setting us up."

Oh. You understood now. The smile widened and you kissed him again. The thought of this man crushing on you all this time had your toes tingling in a happy warmth of spirit.

"Well how would you like to be my boyfriend, then?" you asked sweetly.

"You know I'd love that."

--

Musashi up next!