Chapter 2

I lifted my head to watch him as I eased my way through the crowd. It wasn't even that long, a girl approached them with a flirtatious smile.

I stopped and turned to look at Mila. Nodding at her and signalling her that someone was already there before me.

She smirked at me mischievously. She swiped her palm with her other hand like it had invisible money flying as she swiped it. I rolled my eyes. Okay. Challenge accepted.

No matter how rich we are, still... the things I could buy with a thousand bucks. Better yet, two thousand. I'm going to buy that guitar I'm eyeing on. Can't even buy it with my credit card or else I'd be screwed if they found out.

I greeted my target with a grin as I reached in front of him. A grin? Really? I feel like I'm a naive teenager. I shook my head.

"Hi."

Keelan, my target, smiled at me softly but the confusion on his face was quite noticeable. I ignored the girl beside him who wasn't discreet with her scowl. The guy he was talking with earlier was long gone.

"Can I help you?" The girl asked in his stead.

I raised a brow at her. I again ignored her. Why can't the world be rid of girls like her?

"I need your help."

Keelan raised his brow with clear amusement. He looked at the girl beside him and smiled at her. "Talk to you later?"

The girl scowled even more and walked away without any word. But the guy in front of me just smiled. I find him weird because I've never really seen anyone this nice... this clean. It felt like whatever everyone's talking about- that he's nice, charming and a gentleman, it's all true. No fakeness in it.

His smile never wore off. I shook my train of thoughts as he waited for me to talk. There was a glint of amusement in his eyes as he noticed me studying him.

"How can I help you?" He finally asked as it took time for me to talk.

"Oh, right. My friend and I had a bet. She finds someone for me to hang out with and if I fail I give her one thousand dollars."

I know. I just told him the truth. I figured it was much more effective this way rather than giving him sweet talk. Honestly, I sucked at sweet talks and even flowery ones.

He smirked. "So I figure that guy is me." I nodded. "What if you win?"

"She gives me two thousand." He chuckled.

Fuck. He sounded heavenly. What the hell.

"You're dealing good business." His smile is so genuine. It was impossible not to fall. "You're having fun and then you get to have money along with it." He chuckled.

I smiled at him. He's everything, I tell you. Everything.

"You wanna dance?"

"Does that mean you're okay to hang out with me?" I beamed.

"As long as you're going to treat me on our date next time." He moved from his spot but halted when he saw I wasn't moving.

"A date? Next time?" My eyes wide as I asked him in awe.

"Yes. I'm making sure you win this bet. And I'm going to ask for a reward and I want a date." His smile never wore off. He was so stunning and it makes me immovable.

I smiled as I felt excitement and giddy. "Okay." I looked away shyly.

He took my hand and dragged me towards the dance floor.

"Where's your friend?"

I started to search for her. She was no longer standing at the bar section or anywhere from my sight. Ugh. She ditched me. How could I prove to her that I'm winning this when she's not even looking?

"She ditched me." I muttered.

We stopped walking. He looked at me with amusement. I know what he was thinking. I was now feeling uncomfortable now that Mila was out of my sight.

"I'm not lying. I swear. I'm going to kill that girl." I said exasperated, muttering the end so he wouldn't hear.

"Okay." He smiled with understanding. "Do you still wanna dance?"

I looked at the crowd wearily. People dancing like they're going to have intercourse in the middle of the dance floor. There was sweat and booze all mixed together. I definitely don't wanna go there.

"Can we go outside instead?" He nodded.

"I wasn't lying, you know. I didn't come to you so I could have you all to myself." I said as we reached outside. I'm suddenly feeling embarrassed of the situation. Mila probably didn't expect that I would tell him the truth but I'm still going to kill her.

He chuckled. "It's fine."

"A lot of girls are probably throwing themselves at you. Like the one who just walked away. I feel sorry for her but I can't lose my money. And not when I can have twice the amount."

He bursted into laughter. "Really now?"

I tilted my head to the side studying him with his handsome laugh. He was really so attractive. I can't seem to stop staring and admiring him. If my life wasn't so complicated, I would have easily fallen for him.

"Do you still wanna dance?"

"I thought you don't like to join with the crowd or did I assume wrong?" His head tilted to the side as he asked. Cute.

I smiled. "No, you're right. I don't think I can stomach the thought of spending more time there." Honestly, years of singing in front of a crowd like that would seem that I'm used to it by now but I'm not. I could never get used to it. But parties and concerts are different. I love the fact that in concerts, the crowd gather around to really enjoy music.

"Let's dance here." I suggested. We were just meters away from the frat house- well, mansion as Remi likes to put it, but there weren't many people here in their little garden. Everyone was inside getting wasted and probably high and satiated.

He raised an eyebrow inquisitively. "But there's no music. It's all muffled inside."

I grinned at him. A plan formed in my head. The music inside was slow. It was R&B. I opted for something different. Something not sexual.

I reached for his hand and he took it with wonder and confusion. I put his hands on my waist and mine on his shoulder. His eyes have sparks of amusement as he carries along with me.

I started to sway. He followed.

I imagined the beat, the rhythm of the music humming inside my head.

I then started to sing.

It's late in the evening
she's wondering what clothes to wear~

His hands tightened around my waist as he heard my voice. He pulled me closer to him than ever before.

She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair
And then she asks me, Do I look all right?
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight~

His face now serious. The smile, the amusement, all gone as he stared at me like he was sucked by my soul. And he knew it and he wanted to be pulled in the vortex of my soul.

We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me
And then she asks me, Do you feel all right?
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"~

And then he kissed me.