9

It's been three days.

Three horrible, horrible days.

Peter hasn't left the guest bedroom Tony set him up in. No one can convince him to come out.

"May's gonna have my head for this," Tony mutters into his omelet on the third day.

Natasha nods silently from across the table.

"Poor kid's distraught," Steve says as he comes into the room. "I even offered to let him hold my shield."

"What'd he say?"

"He said he's held it before. It's not that big a deal."

All three heroes glance at one another, worried about Peter. He'd never pass up a chance to hold Cap's shield.

"You can't let him stay locked up in that room forever, Tony," Natasha points out.

"I know, I know," the billionaire says. "But what am I supposed to do? Kick him out? What if he goes looking for her?"

"Of course he's going to go looking for her," Steve replies. "You'd do the same if it were Pepper."

"This is not about me and Pepper," Tony says sternly, pointing a finger at Steve. "This is about the kid."

"The same kid who's in the tower right now? The one who's locked himself in his room and has been miserable for three days?"

"Tony," Natasha says softly, "just go talk to him. You'd be surprised how grown-up they are if you just listen."

"But that's just it! He's not a grown-up! He's just a kid! A kid who thinks he's in love! But he's not!"

"You'll never know if you don't talk to him," Natasha tells him, taking a bite of toast to accentuate the sentence.

Because he's at a loss for a witty comeback, Tony does the only logical thing.

He walks out, grumbling, and makes his way to see Peter.

~~~
I'm baaaaack!!! Sorry it's a short one but I'm a sucker for domestic Avengers
The next chapter is waaay longer and will be out soon!