Chapter Four

Screams of excitement and joy fuse in the house as everyone runs towards their room to start packing, realising we only have two more days until the trip.

I don't move from my spot in the sofa, still savouring my second slice of pizza. I don't need much time to pack, i can start tomorrow.

It's only me and Troy in the living room now, we can still hear the others from their rooms, just randomly yelling how we don't have much time to pack all we want, or that this is the best thing that happened to us.

Troy picks a slice from the pizza box on my lap. And he picks up the controller to play the next TVD episode.

As the episode plays, i have to admit that i'm not focused at all. All i can think about is the trip, our friend group and how we've survived our teen years, college, and how now we have jobs, that don't pay that well i hate to say, but at least we live in a house all together. Some miracle happened and now we're going to an resort island for a week.

How did we even manage to do that ? Especially Troy and I. Just 5 years ago we wouldn't even be able to see ourselves alive right now.

"Do you even realise how crazy this is ?", i ask.

"Yes!",he answers looking back at me.

We freeze and look at each other for a few seconds in silence. Before he breaks it.

"Do you remember the first Thanksgiving after we moved out ?", he asks softly.

I look down at my hands. Even after two years, just thinking about that day hurts me physically.

*flashback*

My hands shake as i internally fight on whether i should call her or not. Troy is sitting on my bed as i paced back and forth across the room, deep in thought.

It's Thanksgiving today. Chloe, Jenna, Will and Tyler all went to see their families. As all of them are on really good terms with them. As of me and Troy... we wouldn't exactly say that.

Troy has been kicked out of his own house. And as of me, i left on really bad terms with both my abusive mom and my alcoholic brother. But it's Thanksgiving. I mean.. we were still a family ? As i was still thinking i didn't even realise that Troy stood up and was now in front of me. He holds my shaky hands.

"I'm here, just call her and if she says no, then her loss.", he softly says as his hazel eyes fixed mine. "Call her, baby, i'm here.", he hands me my phone.

I look at him hesitantly, but take my phone and search through my contacts, looking for the number i haven't dialed in at least 6 months. I press the green button and speaker so he can hear what she says.

It starts ringing and with each ring, i felt my heart skip a beat.

"Hello ? Who's this ?", her voice was like a knife through my chest.

I freeze, i can't even react. She deleted my number. Her own daughter. Her flesh and blood. Troy squeezes my hand, encouraging me to talk.

"This is Allyson, your daughter.", my voice breaks at the end of the sentence, but i can't help it.

"Please don't call again.", she sighs.

And just like that, she hangs up.

My mouth slightly opens, in shock and misbelief. I feel destroyed. I want to cry. I want to shout at the top of my lungs how much it hurts me. I let my phone fall to the ground, and i fall into Troy's arms myself.

He holds me tight and massages my head as i'm a mess. I whimper random words and cry all the tears in my body. He tries to calm me down. But i just want to die at this very moment. I stayed like that for about 2 hours until i eventually calmed down.

Me and Troy spent the rest of the weekend together, having fun, trying to take our minds away from all of our pain. Which was a success. We spent the Thanksgiving night eating popcorn in front of thriller movies, eating chinese food and trying to recreate weird stuff we saw online.

We were there for each other when no one else was.

*end of flashback*

"Of course i do", i whisper.

He holds my chin and lifts my head up, i just now realise how close our faces have been.

"Could you think, after your mom hung up on you, that you would be where you are now ? Could you think that every Thanksgiving after that one, you and me would just enjoy the weekend without thinking a single second about her, your brother, or my family ? Could you think, after you left your house, and stayed 2 weeks at Jenna's house, that we would all move in together in Belair ? No. And that just shows that we're all always gonna be there for each other. That no matter what, as long as we're together, we're gonna find a way out. We're survivors Ally."

I just put my head on his shoulder. His words still repeating in my head.

"We're survivors.", i whisper.

A.N.

Just a short chapter to show Troy and Allyson's friendship. And talk a bit about their past. Feel welcomed to leave comments :)