11. sugar, spice & everything nice

Start from the beginning

    "Thank you, kiddo." Her dad smiles at Allysha who sends thumbs up in response. His gaze adverts to Everleigh, "If only my own daughter was as nice as you and your brother."

    Everleigh rolls her eyes dramatically as she mumbles, "Running away sounds real nice right about now."

    "You're being dramatic again," Blaze comments.

    "And it only took you seven years to notice?" The girl retorts, placing a hand on her chest as Allysha giggles.

    "Guys," Everyleigh's dad claps his hands together, gathering everyone's attention, "Focus on me, please. I need help."

    "Dad," Everleigh runs her hand down her face, "You look fine, honestly. A tie looks nice, so wear it with a tie. Stop overthinking everything. If she doesn't like it, then she's not the one."

    Blaze nods, looking at his girlfriend, "She's got a point."

    The girl smiles in return, "I'm always right."

    Both men roll their eyes at the girl's comment. With a heavy sigh, Mark lifts his wrist up to his eyesight, checking the time, "I've got to go and pick her up. You sure I look fine?"  He asks nervously.

    Allysha, Blaze and Everleigh in unison, "Yes."

    "Just look at it this way, you're old, getting wrinkly and on top of that not even Maryann Thorpe could save your fashion sense. So clearly she doesn't care how you look right now." Everleigh adds, only to receive a jab with an elbow in the side from her boyfriend and fits of giggles from Allysha.

    At least someone found her comment funny.

    Mark gives her a pointed look, his tone monotone, "I'm so glad I raised a non-judgmental daughter. Truly makes me happy and proud."

    "Glad to hear you made the right choice to keep me as your daughter," The teen girl comments with a light-hearted tone.

    Blaze on the other hand, pinches the top of nose bridge as he mumbles, "Oh, my God."

    "On that note I am leaving," Her dad announces, passing glances to the kids but his vision settles on the two teenagers sitting on the couch, "You two. Remember, no funny business because I will be back before midnight."

     Allysha turns her head to look at Everleigh and Blaze as she whispers, "What does Mr. Morgan mean by funny business?"

    Blaze replies shortly, "It's best if you don't know."

    "Oh...," Allysha's brows intertwine but turns her focus back on Everleigh's dad, "Don't worry Mr. Morgan I got my eyes on them."

    "And this is why you're my favourite." Her dad points at Allysha.

     Blaze's sister turns to the duo, sticking her tongue out at them. The couple roll their eyes in response.

    Eventually her dad did leave for the date but not without reassuring once again. She was convinced he just was too afraid to leave the house. But as soon as the front doors were shut, Everleigh turned to her boyfriend, a small smile tugging onto her lips, slowly leaning into him as he does the same.

    Just as the two kiss, Allysha clicks her fingers, jumping between the pair, "No, no, no. Not on my watch. You're not doing gross stuff in front of me."

    Blaze rolls his eyes but doesn't move his sister. He looks down to her, his arm resting on the back frame of the couch, "It's a good thing mom's picking you up in two hours. So, you don't have bother us."