𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Start from the beginning

"This is more than we could ever ask for. Your kindness has saved us, thank you," Corrine spoke in disbelief.

Aramina turned to reenter the castle. "Please, we have much to discuss."

Aramina glided back through the doors and led them to a balcony that overlooked Therondia. They all sat down at a glass table surrounded by velvet chairs accented with gold. The sun beamed down to warm their skin, offering gentle lighting to shine upon the beautiful flowers that decorated railings and beams. They each took their seat.

"I do hope that your stay has been nothing short of lovely," Aramina insisted.

"You and your people have shown nothing but utter kindness, kindness that could never be forgotten," Eros thanked.

"That pleases me to hear," she grinned. "My parents are currently in a neighboring village, they will be devastated to learn that they were not able to meet you."

"That is a shame," Corrine sighed. "We don't plan on staying long, unfortunately, we are leaving tomorrow morning."

"Who are your parents?" Nizhoni asked. "Forgive me for not knowing, I've never heard of Therondia."

"Oh, don't worry at all!" Aramina answered. "You know my parents very well as Belle and Beast."

"Is that story really true?" Bai cut in. "Was your father actually a beast?"

"To the extent of my knowledge," Aramina chuckled.

"Is there anything that we could provide you for the remainder of your journey?" Edaneus inquired, changing the subject.

"Horses would be more than enough," Andrea answered. The others nodded in agreement.

"I know that the prophecy states that only us eight could defeat the mistress," Axel spoke up. "But if you could spare a few soldiers, like Darron, I think-"

"No," Aramina stated sternly, cutting off Axel. Her face went cold. "I'm sorry, but I cannot risk the lives of our people. Why do you think we never became involved with the battle of Asteria in the first place." Her innocent smile returned to her face. "Is there anything else?"

Corrine exchanged several uneasy looks with the other magic users before answering, "Um, no, I don't think so."

Aramina stood to her feet. "Well, in that case, please enjoy the rest of your time here. I'm sure the people would love to meet you all, so feel free to wander throughout the kingdom."

"Thank you, Aramina," Corrine nodded with a smile.

As soon as Aramina and Edaneus left the room, the remaining nine stood to exit the balcony. Each was bubbling with excitement, ready to explore the foreign kingdom with a sense of relief that they could spend a day without worrying about the evil works of Morana.

 Each was bubbling with excitement, ready to explore the foreign kingdom with a sense of relief that they could spend a day without worrying about the evil works of Morana