**Me:** Yeah, sure. What are we going to eat?

**Him:** I don't know. Do you mind driving to Mac D or something? I need to study.

**Me:** Yeah, sure. Keys?

He threw me the keys, and he made his way upstairs while I walked out to the car. I bought us large fold-over meals and then drove home. Midway, I saw this wolf again in the middle of the road, making me hit the brakes instantly. I flashed the car lights, and it didn't move at all. I got out of the car and went out to check this out. I had to be seeing this for a reason, right?

**Me:** Why are you here?

It just looked at me. At that moment, I didn't even know whether I was hallucinating this animal or it was really in front of me. It made no sense at all. I brushed its fur back, and it leaned in on my touch. It was really beautiful, and its eyes just told a story. I felt as though I understood.

'Fate chose her for you. She will be your downfall or your awakening. All will make sense to you when the time comes. Take care.'

With that, it disappeared. What did it mean? Wait, did that wolf just talk to me? It didn't even open its mouth, but for some reason, it was as if we were communicating via our minds. Mile was right; I really need to stop watching these things.

*MONALISA

When I woke up, I was no longer in her office, but instead, I was in my room on my bed. What the hell is going on with me? I looked around, and I was indeed in my room. It didn't make any sense how I went from being in school to being in my room. I tried to sit up, but my arm was failing to support me. I looked at it, and I had a plaster on my wrist.

"Look who's up."

I looked at the door, and it was my mom's sister.

**Me:** What are you doing here?

**Her:** My niece collapses in school... I had to come and check on you.

**Me:** Where's Click?

**Her:** Click got a call from work; there was an emergency he had to attend to.

**Me:** What happened to my wrist?

**Her:** The school nurse had to take some blood from you to test it.

**Me:** Doesn't she need my consent first to do that?

**Her:** Honey, you weren't waking up, and I was worried.

**Me:** So you gave her the go-ahead?

**Her:** Yes.

**Me:** So why did I collapse?

**Her:** You will get the results tomorrow.

Nothing about what she was saying was making any sense at all. I don't think school nurses have the authorization to draw some blood from a student unless she volunteers to donate blood.

**Her:** I made

you something to eat. She mentioned you would wake up very weak.

**Me:** No, thank you. I'm fine.

I tried to get up using my other arm to balance, and I managed to get up, but the minute I tried to walk, I stumbled.

**Her:** Stop being stubborn for nothing, Lisa, and eat.

**Me:** That nurse did something to me!

**Her:** You're overreacting, Lisa.

**Me:** I AM NOT OVERREACTING!

I shouted. I was really agitated because I couldn't even remember how I got home. The last thing I remember was going to the office with Miss Heather, and that's that.

**Me:** I was in Miss Heather's office. How did I get to the school nurse?

**Her:** Miss Heather? Honey, what are you talking about?

**Me:** I arrived late for Miss Heather's class, so she threw me out, and then we went to her office.

**Her:** And then?

**Me:** I don't remember.

**Her:** You must have really bumped your head. A student found you in the ladies on the floor, and she called the nurse.

I shook my head.

**Me:** NO!

**Her:** Mon...

**Me:** Don't. I didn't hit my head. That woman did something to me, okay? Why can't I remember anything?

She shrugged, looking at me with eyes full of pity. Why couldn't I remember anything?

*ANELISA

I woke up and did my normal morning routine, said my goodbyes to Gran, and then went to school. On my way to school, a car stopped next to me. I was taught at a young age to never talk to strangers or to accept a lift from a stranger. The window rolled down, and there she was. The most beautiful girl in class and in school. Everyone has a crush on her, be it a guy or a girl; we all have a crush on her, and some of us... me included want to be her.

**Her:** Anelisa.

**Me:** Uhhhm, Imi.

**Her:** Need a lift?

**Me:** Uhhhm.

**Her:** Come on in. It's blazing hot for you to be walked.

I was thinking twice, but who was I to say no to a lift from the most prettiest, richest girl in school? She was in a Bentley for Christ's sake! I got in at the back.

**Her:** Daddy, meet my classmate Anelisa. Lisa, this is my father Miso.

**Him:** It's Dad to you. Nice to meet you, Lisa.

**Me:** Nice to meet you too, Mr. Bess.

**Her:** Did you do the Maths homework?

**Me:** Yeah, I did.

**Her:** And how did you find it?

**Me:** It was okay, I guess.

**Him:** We slept late because of your friend over here.

**Her:** You told me that if I needed help, I should come to you.

**Him:** How good are you with Maths, Lisa?

**Me:** I'm okay, I guess. I mean, I pass.

**Her:** Perfect. We can be study buddies.

Was I even allowed to decline? This girl and I aren't even friends, and we've never talked before other than greeting each other. Apparently, she was studying in the states these past years, and they only came back this side a month ago... which was when she joined our school. She is the daughter of Misokuhle and Yolanda Bess, granddaughter of Yandiswa and Melo Bess, so of course, she is the ish around school. They were both looking at me, waiting for my response.