¢нαρтєя 14

Start from the beginning

"She didn't just murder an innocent guy," Camille said, crying.

"And neither did I!" Klaus, all but, shouted.

Cami looked so confused and overwhelmed that Klaus actually looked guilty for a moment. When Cami finally processes what he just said, she gasps in relief and confusion, "What? Why did you tell them that you did?"

"If I've spilled Crescent blood, then Hayley will be forced to question her pack's loyalty to Hope, and she will not run!" Klaus snapped.

"But if they don't protect her, then--"

"Only I can save her! And I need them to fear me!" Klaus said, and the scene shifts again.

***

"What are you saying?" Elijah asked, looking at a frantic Freya.

"Dahlia is protected by powerful magic. We have collected items that represent her vulnerabilities-- sacred soil, the ash of a fallen Viking, and the blood of the witch who broke her heart," Freya said.

"Yours," said Elijah.

"Yes. Now, I will use these ingredients to create a "killing ground" where Dahlia will be rendered mortal, but... we need to lure her there, Elijah," Freya said without any remorse in using her niece as a form of bait.

"Are you suggesting that I position my niece as bait?" asked an unimpressed Elijah. "Well, how wonderfully convenient, to offer this strategy when Niklaus has been removed."

"Klaus cannot be reasoned with," Freya said, setting up her spell.

"You cannot honestly believe I would allow you to do this--" Elijah said in a disbelieving tone.

"What I believe is you will make the right choice for Hope. There is no other way to keep her from the miserable existence I endured under the slavery of a tyrant," Freya said, impatiently.

"Of course, if Dahlia does die, you will also be free of that tyranny. No more running, no more hiding. So, do not insult my intelligence by painting your actions as selfless," said Elijah.

"If you will not bring Hayley back here, I will find Hope myself. And, as I said-- there is no other way," Freya said.

***

The scene shifts again. Klaus has Elijah in a chokehold and slammed him into a wall.

"She's controlling you," Elijah said desperately, only for Klaus to squeeze his throat tighter, "You have to fight her."

"The only thing she did is pull out the dagger you stuck in my heart!" Klaus said furiously.

Downstairs, Dhalia is strangling Freya using telekinesis, "After all I've given you, this is how you repay me? A death trap? Rendered by those elements that compose my sole weakness? And even in this, you fail."

Dhalia looked at the forged knife and sneered at her niece, "What do I sense? Sacred soil? Viking ash? The blood of a witch I loved?"

Freya tried to crawl away but stops when Dahlia crouches in front of her to look her in the eyes, "Not the witch I loved most, though."

Dhalia sighs and feigns sympathy as she props her chin on her hand. "Oh, Freya. Did you think that your blood was the key to my demise?"

***

A weakened Cami kneels down next to where Elijah is writhing on the floor and grimaces for a moment. Papa Tunde blade was in his chest. Cami takes a knife and stabs it forcefully into Elijah's chest. She uses it to slice Elijah's chest open as much as she can until she's finally able to remove Papa Tunde's blade from his chest. After a moment, Elijah recovers enough to jerk into a seated position, and Cami props him up with her arms.

"Elijah, you have to listen to me," She says once Elijah gasps in pain, "He got in my head. Klaus got in my head when he fed on me."

"Gia, he killed Gia," Elijah, started, rambling, "He is going after Hayley."

"Elijah," Cami tries to get his attention, "This, all of this, it's a trick!"

"You've lost your mind. He's lost his mind," Elijah says, panting frantically.

"He needs her to trust him, so he can do what he needs to do!" Cami said, shaking her head, "He had to make it look convincing."

"What? To... to... to what possible end?" asked a baffled Elijah.

"He told me her secret. I know how we can kill Dahlia," Cami said, "The witch she loves the most is not Freya. It was never her. It was Esther, her sister."

***

Klaus came back to the present with a gasp. He looked at the crying daughter in his arms and hugged her close to his chest, demanding Hayley, "Take off that wretched bracelet."

And Hayley immediately did, without any questions asked, as she witnessed the new vision, along with Elijah.

"Can anyone bloody tell me, what's happening?" Rebekah demanded as Hayley threw the bracelet at the end of the room, not even ten minutes later, after clasping it around her daughter's wrist, "You were all in some sort of trance. When Elijah tried to get you out of it, even he's lost his senses."

"Hope has a vision," Elijah breathed out.

"No, she had visions," Klaus snapped, "Multiple. There were a lot of them this time, the one we saw, it was just a single conversation between Freya and mother. Whereas this..."

"This covers the future of our family that is to happen two to three weeks from now," Elijah finished with a sigh, looking at his crying niece. "Is she in pain, or is she scared?"

"I don't know, brother," Klaus said with a dejected sigh, "I don't know anything anymore."

"Give her to me," Hayley said, in near tears, taking her daughter from Klau's arms, "I will try to distract her for a while and try to put her to sleep."

The hybrid started rocking her, and took her for a walk outside, making cooing noises to comfort Hope, while the Mikaelson siblings stayed behind.

"So, the magic isn't the problem," Rebekah said, once the werewolf was out of the door, "In fact, it might be what's helping Hope gain control of her visions, by keeping them at bay as much as possible."

"I believe so, yes," Elijah said, thinking it over.

"So, how scary was the future for you all to turn pale white?" Rebekah asked, trying to ease the tension.

"It's bad," Elijah said, clearing his throat, not wanting to talk about the fact that he was going to dagger Klaus and leave him in a coffin. "But...we think we found a way to kill our dear aunt Dhalia."