three

( LEGENDS )

chapter three 』➖ 1,300 miles

"Thank you, ma'am," Lauren said to the Chick-fil-A employee who handed her the tray

Lauren walked over to the booth where drew was sitting patiently, "honey, suppers ready," she told him sarcastically while sitting down.

Drew smiled while grabbing the red box along with his fries, Lauren reaching out for her food too. Lauren was practically dancing in her seat has she dipped the chicken nugget into ketchup she froze when she saw drew staring at her with an amused smile.

Lauren pouted as drew lightly laughed, "come on, lass, don't be like that."

"I just wanted some nuggets and you be sittin' there laughing," while she wanted to be upset, she knew the situation wasn't serious, which is why she couldn't keep the smile off her face any longer.

Lauren stole one of his fries, not as revenge, purely because food tastes better when it's on someone else's plate, "hey," drew said while lookin at her with wide eyes. The man reached for one of Lauren's chicken nuggets only to have it slapped away.

"Fuck," he said while shaking hand, "so you can steal my fries but I can't-"

"Watch your self, buddy," Lauren started, "I bought this."

"You forced a twenty into the lady's hand," he deadpanned, making Lauren shrug. To be fair, Lauren had done that, but she felt that she needed to pay. After all drew was driving a couple hundred miles while all she did was control the aux.

The two sat in the little corner booth, both enjoying their food and the small talk that was made. Neither were looking forward to the nine hour drive to California, but it had to be done.

So after clearing their table, the pair quickly got into the car and began the 1,300 mile trip.

"Wassup bitch," she said as she answered the FaceTime call from Becky.

"Hey," she said, which was followed by a loud "hi" from colby, the couple were also on their way to California for the next show.

"Are you leaving tonight or tomorrow morning?" Becky asked.

"We're already on our way," Lauren started, "Drew's getting gas right now."

Becky wiggled her eyebrows with a suggestive smirk, "what's going on there-"

"Nothing- it better be nothing," Colby yelled, "great guy, but I need you on my side during this story line."

Becky and Lauren both laughed, "nothing going on, it's just refreshing to not be third-wheeling for once."

Becky rolled her eyes, "you're just jealous."

"Damn right I am, Rollins stole my man from me," Lauren respond.

"I'm not sorry," Colby said at the same time Becky responded, "not the jealous I meant, but okay."

Drew returned to the car, which prompted Becky to say, "hey, buddy, you better get my girl to me in one piece."

"no promises, she's pretty annoying," he said, "I don't know how you put up with her shit."

"Easy. I don't," Becky responded. Lauren simply flipped the girl off with a playful glare on her face.

"Sorry babe, but church is out so..." Lauren said, "love you girl."

"Love you too," Colby yelled over Becky who also respond with a "love you." Becky just rolled her eyes with a smile at her fiancés antics before hanging up.

"What does-" drew began to ask about the heating of brick only to be cut of by Lauren.

"It's a saying for goodbye," she told him.

"I don't get it."

"Drew, bless your heart, but you'll never understand half the shit I say," she said while hitting play on her music again.

The next country song played through the speakers, while drew wasn't one for country music, he truly didn't mind. So when Lauren started softly singing along with whatever guy, he smiled at her.

"Like sweet summer rain passing through, never seen anything wild as yo-" she cut herself off when she notice the smirk on Drew's face.

"Eyes on the road, sweets," she told him, gesturing towards the empty four lanes.

Okay it's a shorter chapter than normal but it's up.