Chapter 10: War

I stood in between Brian and Ethan along with the rest of my family as we looked over the streets of Los Angeles. I smiled as I missed my home city. It just sucks how I'm being dragged home because my family is going into war.

"I'm all for winging it, but this is crazy, man. We got mercenaries with some real heat on us. I mean I ain't scared of nothing, but... Man, I don't even have a gun!" ranted Roman.

"Gun? We got a whole city," said Dom.

"And we may have more than that. If they use God's Eye, it'll tap the cameras around town to find our location. Which means we can plant a virus and then break in when they access it," explained Tej.

"So you're talking about hacking my hacking device. It's brilliant," smiled Ramsey.

"Yeah but there's one problem. The signal strength. We can't start a hack on them until they're within a two mile range," pointed out Tej.

"That's really close."

"Close? These guys are military. If they're within two miles of us, we're already dead. I don't know about y'all but I didn't really plan on dying today," said Roman.

"Lucky for us Jakande is not as clever. We just need to come up with a stable plan," I told them.

"Only one way to stay alive. We play keep away with Ramsey," said Brian.

I nodded in agreement.

"What?" asked Ramsey, in disbelief.

"They can't hit us if we keep moving," added Ethan.

"And I'll take Shaw," said Dom before walking off to the side.

I frowned from the sound of his name. Brian who noticed, gave me a comforting smile as he patted my back.

"I'll see you later," I smiled to Brian as I made my way inside my car.

Just as I was about to take off, Ethan appeared on my passenger side door.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

I simply nodded my head. He made his way inside my car. We sat in pure silence as I avoided his gaze. I knew Brian told him to talk to me about the whole Deckard thing.

"How're you feeling?" Ethan asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't want to talk about it, Ethan," I sighed.

"Just answer me this, do I need to drag you away from him again?"

"No, not anymore because I'm done hurting myself," I told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I swerved past other cars on my motorcycle as I tried catching up to Letty's car

I swerved past other cars on my motorcycle as I tried catching up to Letty's car. We have spent the past hour or so swerving around the city of Los Angeles passing Ramsey around to try and keep her alive. Right now, we are down to our last available vehicle.

My eyes widened as I saw a nuke hit the back of Letty's car as the drone continued to follow and fire after them. I took out my gun and tried firing it towards the drone but it swerved quick enough to dodge them.

"I can't shake this thing!" I heard Letty through my earpiece.

"Worst case scenario, you and Ramsey get the hell out and we take this up by foot. We got no other choice at this point," I told her.

"Roger that."

Just as Letty's car got out of the tunnel, an ambulance crashed down onto the drown. My eyes widened as it exploded and I quickly swerved around the flying debris. I looked over to Letty's car, I sighed in relief as they looked alright. My attention went back to the blown up drone, I smirked as I saw Luke Hobbs come out of the crashed ambulance.

Luke picked up a handheld minigun.

"Hey, did you bring the cavalry?" Letty called out to Luke.

"Woman, I am the cavalry."

"And Sammy, you've got a one bald headed asshole of an ex-boyfriend."

I chuckled. Classic Hobbs. Glad to have one of our family back with us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched as Jakande's chopper blew up into millions of pieces. My heart fell as I ran over to where Dom's car crashed. Luke and Brian pulled Dom out of his crushed up car. Brian told Letty what to do as he started to do CPR on Dom. We watched in horror as they failed to get him back. I took a deep breath as I controlled myself to not cry.

"Get off of him! Back off!" Letty cried at Brian as he pushed him away from Dom.

I helped Brian up on his feet.

"Dom, baby. I know you're hurting right now. But I want you to listen. Stay awake and focus on me," Letty started as she held onto Dom's hand.

"I remember everything. It came to me like a flood. I remember the night in the Dominican Republic, the night we got married."

"I vow wherever you go, I go. You ride, I die. You fight, I fight. And if you die on me, Dominic Toretto. I'm gonna die with you. If you die, I die. And I'm not ready to leave this place yet. This moment is still ours."

By now, I felt a single tear fall down from my eyes.

"I remember everything. I remember it all," Letty finished as she planted a kiss on Dom's cheek.

"It's about time," we heard Dom say.

I smiled from the sound of Dom's deep voice.

"Why didn't you tell me we were married?" Letty asked Dom.

"Because you can't tell someone they love you," said Dom.

I watched in joy as Letty pulled in Dom for a kiss. At the moment, I knew exactly what to do. I love Deckard and a part of me feels as though that will never go away. But at the same time, I felt when Dom said 'you can't tell someone they love you.'

No matter how much I love Deckard, I can't tell him how to love me. He told me he loves me and yet he still went after my family. I just don't believe that's the type of love I deserve from him. I can't teach him how to love me, I can't bring the old Deckard back.

I want him to want to love me through his own ways of showing it. I changed him before and now it's up to him whether he liked that change or not and I can't wait around for him to make up his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I clenched my jaw as I braced myself before sneaking into Deckard's hospital room. I sighed in relief as I spot Deckard fast asleep and handcuffed to his bed. It was better for him to be unconscious, it makes it easier for me to say goodbye. I stood next to his bed and held his cold hand.

"Before you left me, we always talked about settling down and starting our own family. When you left me, I felt my whole world crumbled down. But now, more than ever, I finally want to settle down and start a family. And knowing that it can't be with you, surprisingly feels more painful than when you walked away from me."

I felt a small tear drop down from my eyes. I planted a small kiss on Deckard's cheek before letting go of his hand.

"Now... I know that it's over and there's no turning back and I think that's for the best. I don't want to chase someone who doesn't want me. So I'm letting you go. Goodbye Deckard."

And this time, I really meant it...