Chapter 2: The Rise and Fall of the Three Caballeros?

Start from the beginning

NOW! Xandra called out from afar.

Panchito threw a piece of tied rope towards the cloud, disappearing among the smoke it created. However, Panchito tugged on the rope, having caught something.

Aha! I got something! He pulled as hard as he could, but the cloud did nothing. Giving it one, strong tug, the figure he had caught was not the cloud, but Jose. The parrot yelled as he was pulled towards Panchito, the two soon impacting each other with a loud thud. The two rolled around until they hit the nearest wall.

The cloud haphazardly looked around the room now noticing the open basement door beside the bookshelf. It quickly dove for it, heading inside.

Quickly! It headed to the basement! Xandra ran as fast as she could, Donald right behind her.

Wait for us! Panchito got up from where they have landed and soon ran as well.

Hold on! Jose sat up, trying to untangle himself from the roap that was currently wrapped around him. Panchito surprisingly had some good tying skills.

-

Over there! Xandra, Panchito and Donald were quick to make it down to the basement. The three stepped into the middle of the basement, the assortment of treasures still around. The white cloud was hovering around them, especially near the armor of the three caballeros.

Dont. Move. Xandra commanded, raising her bow and arrow and aiming it at the cloud.

I dont get it.. Panchito huffed, my rope was literally on it! Why didnt it get caught?

Um, because its a CLOUD?! Donald exclaimed, a bit annoyed.

Before anything else could be said, the cloud slowly began to move, hovering from the armor, to the weapons to..-

The amulets! The three exclaimed. Indeed, the cloud was quick to put itself between the amulets.

You arent taking those! Xandra rapidly began to fire her arrows, but with every shot, it merely phased through the cloud.

Come on! Donald and Panchito ran for it, nearing the cloud. Since it was hovering above their amulets, they were able to run for their armor, Panchito making it first.

Catch! He quickly threw Donald his sword, in which the duck fumbled for a moment, not wanting to accidentally touch the tip of it. Panchito then grabbed his spear, both caballeros charging at the cloud.

However, the clouds once white exterior suddenly began changing color. A dark, purple hue quickly took its place, two bright yellow eyes suddenly forming.

Wha- Panchito and Donald both took a step back. Before either could devise a plan, the cloud gave them an evil smirk, bolts of lightning suddenly striking out of it. It began aiming at the Caballeros. The two were bombarded with bolts, jumping back at each blow.

YEOW! Donald yelped as one of the bolts came into contact with his rear, feeling an electric shock move throughout his body.

Hold on! Panchito glared at the cloud, once again running towards it. As he aimed his spear for the wicked cloud, Panchito lept in the air, ready to strike.

However, from beneath the cloud, the red amulet began to glow, rising up on its own. Panchito had been centimeters away from dealing damage, but he felt himself suddenly stop, his hand unwillingly dropping his weapon. He felt still, as if he were paralyzed.

Hng! I cant move! Panchito called out. Xandra!

Hang on! Xandra began to run towards him, in hopes of being able to help him. However, a sudden voice from the staircase immediately caught her attention.

Get this off of me! Jose came running in, a tinier version of the cloud in hot pursuit. His body was still tied to the rope, so the only reason he was moving was that his legs werent tied.

Ugh.. Xandra sighed as she turned to Donald, Get the cloud! Ill help Jose!

Ill show him! Donald yelled as he charged for the cloud.

Wait! No! The rooster called out, its using the amulets!

But it was too late. Once Donald raised his sword, the cloud raised the second amulet, the blue one.

Huh? Donald felt his legs beginning to tremble his hands as well. He quickly tossed the sword aside, in case his hands gave out at any moment.

Whats the big idea?! He exclaimed, falling over near Panchito, who was still as stiff as a statue.

Jose! Dont get too close! Panchito tried looking over at him, but he couldnt even move his head.

Finally untying the parrot, Xandra and Jose were trying to chase off the tiny cloud that had suddenly formed earlier.

Where did that come from?! Xandra exclaimed as she fired many more arrows at the tiny array.

I dont know! Once that thing, Jose pointed to the larger cloud, came down here! This one just grew!

Tired of waiting the larger cloud began to roam closer to the two caballeros who were down. Panchito and Donald looked up in fear. Neither could move, and their weapons were scattered around somewhere. Jose quickly turned around at the sound of their screams.

No! He quickly ran over to them, picking up Panchitos spear that he had dropped.

Jose, wait! Xandra tried to stop him, but bolts coming from the smaller cloud struck her hard, making her trip on the floor.

Ugh! She dropped her weapon.

Jose quickly stood in front of his friends, spear in hand. Panchito and Donald began protesting for him to retreat now, but the cloud soon revealed the final amulet from the shadows.

Dont worry, my friends! Ive got this! Ive.Ive got Joses words trailed on until he felt himself kneel down, his vision suddenly getting hazy.

Whats happening? He mumbled. His vision began to get a little more blurry. Jose put a hand on his chest, a strong, burning sensation filling his heart.

Jose? Jose! Panchito exclaimed, snap out of it! You need to-

Jose could no longer comprehend what Panchito was telling him, a loud ringing noise taking its place. It took a moment for the parrots eyelids to finally close, his body collapsing on his side, the spear rolling out of his hands.

Jose! Panchito exclaimed, trying to move again. However, he too suddenly began to see the world a little blurrier than usual, the same effect began to overtake him. He was able to move alright, straight to the floor, out cold.

Panchito, no! Donald tried reaching out a hand towards him, but he couldnt even do that.

Donald! Dont give in! Xandra tried standing up, but the smaller cloud kept shooting more bolts in her direction, making her let out painful yelps.

Hng! Donald tried standing up from where he laid, his hands and legs doing him no justice. The duck tried and tried again, but every attempt was the same.

Come on! He hissed under his breath. Two of his friends were out cold, and he was next.

The clouds purple color reflected on Donalds eyes, the duck merely looking up in horror. What he heard next sent a shiver down his spine.

Say goodnight, caballeros! Felldrakes voice suddenly emerged from the cloud. Donald slowly began to lose consciousness of his surroundings, he saw Xandra finally back up, running up to the cloud. That was the last thing he saw before his world faded to black.