(𝟎𝟏𝟑.) A Hill on The Moon,

Start from the beginning

"Your boyfriend took them somewhere," Michael said casually, nearly falling off the barstool as he moved back to avoid getting as Percy shot out his seat. "Jeez, Perce! Be careful, you could kill me! I'm small!"

The son of Poseidon managed to pull an apologetic look as he asked, trying not to sound too desperate. "Micah is here?"

Michael looked at him weirdly. "I don't know if he's still here, but he rounded up the traitors and took them somewhere,"

Percy clapped him on his shoulder, walking out of the kitchen despite Michael's calling. If there's a chance Hiroki was still here, Percy wasn't going to let it go by without searching for him. He wandered deeper into the home, bowing to each god and goddess as he ventured, resisting the urge to peer inside each room hidden behind wooden doors. He'd seen the little winged-creatures exit them but could never catch sight of what was on the other side of the doors. Unlike his mother's house, there's no framed pictures or books or random clothes folded on chairs to indicate who truly lived here, if anyone at all.

He pictured Micah living here, alone and unreachable; for the person he is, it made sense to live in isolation, but it still hurt Percy's heart.

The sound of clawed-paws stumping on the group forced his eyes to the ground. Nono kept snigging insistently, nearly shoving Percy off his feet as the hellhound rammed his way through in his chase; Percy laughed, reaching out to pat his head when a voice interrupted him.

"Don't do that," Micah said casually, locking the door he had come through with a key.

At the sight of him, Percy felt the warmth in his chest travel to his cheeks; he opened his mouth to speak but felt short of words as Micah faced him. "Oh," Percy said dumbly. He looked—so striking, hair fully colored to a familiar rich black instead of the colorless blonde he had, the darkness enhancing the natural pallor of his face. His golden armor was stored away, but he carried his scimitar loosely, dressed casually in a pair of sweatpants, the smooth skin of his chest too distracting and tempting without a shirt to anchor Percy's sanity; the son of Poseidon chose to count the endless feathers that peaked over Micha's shoulder instead of focusing on the taunt muscle over his stomach.

Gods, who allowed him to be so—"What did you say?" Percy cleared his throat.

Micah had the audacity to glance down at his chest, an amused pull to his lips. "We're in a safe place, so he is not paying attention to his surroundings as much." He explained. "A sudden touch may startle him. Call him before,"

Nono let out a low whine again, clearly agitated by something. Micah looked at his hellhound with coolness, his expression like a stone; With a heavy sigh, a sound so alien Percy nearly shriveled back with worry, Micah crouched down and said. "Nontan, I know you caught my scent before entering the cave. It's me,"

The hellhound stood still for a single second, then launched at him. Micah welcomed the bulk of the weight with a barely auditable grunt, even as he skidded back against the wall with the force.

"Yeah," He said absently, petting Nono's massive head; the hellhound let out wounded noises. "I know, it's been a long time. Sorry I've avoided you, it was cruel of me to leave you without even saying goodbye."

Percy watched as Micah's eyes fluttered shut. "Are you okay?" He asked cautiously.

"You're not supposed to be here," Micah replied. He didn't sounded upset nor happy at the sight of him. "I planned for Lord Hypnos instead, but I suppose all my plans fall apart with they involve you."

He stood up slowly, a slight sway as he rose. "Run along, puppy," He told Nono with a bit of heartbreak. "We have a lot to catch up with, but I can tell you're exhausted. Go rest, the war just begun."