Me: Hey.. I'm hanging out with this kid named Grant and I think you would like him. He's great. 😂

Christian: ooooo does Jayden have a crush that she wants me to
approve of? 😼

Me: Crush? what.. no. Friend zoning this kid spot on. All I said was that he was funny.

Christian: Mhmm. You won't say that later on. Gotta go, beach time. 👐

I locked my phone and looked up. Do I have a crush on Grant? if I do this is gonna suck. I watched Grant put a snap back on and then he grabbed his guitar off his wall. I got up and walked over to him. "Is it on" I said looking into the camera. "Yes it's on" he started laughing. I sat down next to him and didn't really know what to do so I rested my chin on his shoulder. He was looking at me in the corner of his eye as he started to strum some cords. I looked up at him when he started singing thinking out loud. That's my all time favourite song right now. I sung along with him until I noticed he stopped singing and was just watching me sing with a look of aw. I stopped and looked down trying to hide my rosy cheeks. "You are great, don't be shy" he said touching the bottom of my chin lightly making me look into his eyes. My phone started ringing and I awkwardly got up to take the call and walked out of his room. "Hello?" I said. "Hi are you busy today?" my dad questioned me. "Yeah with Grant," I replied. He only ever calls me when he needs something. "I have to go love you bye." I said ending the call and walking back into the room. "Yes I know she's beautiful." he said replying to one of the comments and looking down. "Sing her the song? Should I?" he questioned the viewers. He smiled slightly and breathed in, "Okay. I will." After that I walked in and waved awkwardly and sat down next to him. He started to play his guitar and mumble some words.

Grant looked at me and smiled then said "Okay, well we are going to go hang out now. I love you all so much. Have a great day/night." then he ended it.

"You wanna watch Netflix?" I said jumping into his bed. "Of course." he said turning off his lights and turning the tv on. He hopped in besides me and we started watching american horror story. During the 3rd episode we were watching, I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was in my bed. I checked my phone and read 9:04 pm. I opened my phone and looked at what I was recently on. Contacts. "What the hell.." I said out loud. Oh god, grant must've gotten my mom to unlock my phone so he could put his number in. I looked at his contact name.
Grant Landis 😍💦💞
I giggled at his choice of emojis and decided to text him.

Me: Hey nice going with the contact thingy

Grant Landis 😍💦💞: Hi and I'm smooth just admit it

Me: i refuse

I replied while getting up to change into my pajamas. My phone buzzed with his name and i smiled.

Grant Landis 😍💦💞: Your mom invited us over, so my mom, Grayson and I are kinda just sitting here. Can I come to your room? this is awkward.

I replied with yes, and checked myself out in the mirror. I threw my hair in a bun and sat down on my bed. I heard a soft knock and said, "come in." Grant walked in and plopped down on my bed next to me. I started playing mayday parade and walked outside the porch door that was in my room. "Grant look!" I said while pointing to a shooting star. "It's beautiful, but not as beautiful as you." he said looking down at me. I smiled and shook my head. We both walked downstairs and his mom was packing up to leave. I frowned and looked at him. He wasn't paying attention so I got a little glimpse at him before his mom said "Okay, see you all soon! Let's go Grant, and put your shoes on." He turned to me and I wrapped my arms around his next giving him a tight hug. "See you at omg." I said while wiggling out of his tight grip. He threw his shoes on and picked Grayson up to take him outside with his mom. "Bye, text me." he said walking out. I blushed and ran upstairs to text Christian.

Me: How do I already have feelings for him.

Christian: Don't worry, you guys will last.

Me: How do you know?

Christian: He's been in love with you for 4 years, Jayden. You just never took the time to realize that.

Me: But I never even talk to him?

Christian: Yes you do, you just didn't realize it. You've met him several times, but you were just so caught up with Jacob Whitesides that you didn't take the time to notice.

Me: I feel so bad now, I'm going to try and give him a chance sooner or later.

Christian: I would do it soon. Y'all are cute. Goodnight.

I looked at Grant and i's texts and smiled. I couldn't resist not replying to him, I had too.

Me: Hey gman!!

Grant Landis 😍💦💞: Hi lexi boo

Me: no

Grant Landis 😍💦💞: yes

Me: disgusting

Grant Landis 😍💦💞: What is

Me/ U callin me lexi boo

Grant Landis 😍💦💞: ;) when do you think we can hang out again)

Me: I have some studio sessions for the next week so I'm not sure. :( Can't wait to see you again though

Grant Landis 😍💦💞: I understand. And I can't either.

I closed my phone and felt all the butterflies in my stomach break out of their cages. I hate crushes. I fell asleep satisfied with myself for how I talked to Grant.

The next morning.

When I woke up, I got dressed and did my daily morning things. My mom drove me to my studio, and I worked on original music. I checked Twitter and saw my mentions getting blown up by Grant mentioning me again. I started smiling when i saw the pictures we took and the caption he used.
@grantlandis: with her. ☺️

I quoted it and said "so cute 😘" then closed my phone so I could concentrate. I thought of an idea. I want to write a song about Grant. I don't care if people knew it was about him, it's not going to be obvious anyway but if they did know, it wouldn't matter.

I started writing down song lyrics. This is good for me because I need to have at least 10 songs for my new album in at least 4 months. I wrote down several things, but decided to pick up after "I'm thinking it over," and came up with this. Not all of it related to Grant, but most of it did.

I'm thinking it over
The way you make me feel all sexy but it's causing me shame
I wanna lean on your shoulder
I wish I was in love but I don't wanna cause any pain
And if I'm feeling like I'm evil, we've got nothing to gain
What if I never even see you cuz we're both on a stage
Don't tell me listen to your song because it isn't the same
I don't wanna say your love is a waiting game
Baby I'm thinking it over
What if the way we started made it something cursed from the start
What if it only gets colder
Would you still wrap me up and tell me that you think this was smart
Cuz lately I've been scared of even thinking 'bout where we are

I stopped and looked at the time. Damn, I've already been here all day. I got up, and called my mom. When she got here, I jumped in the front seat and we went to chic fil a. After that, we went home and I fell asleep. I needed it. Grants exhausting.