Jotaro took a few deep breaths, wiped the blood on his hands off on his shirt, and looked at Kakyoin. He kneeled down next to him and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Th-Thanks..." Kakyoin's hoarsely said as he looked away, clearly embarrassed.

"It's nothing." Jotaro looked around and picked up his hat, dusting it off. He carefully set it on Kakyoin's head.

Kakyoin felt himself turn red as Jotaro set the hat on his head. He hesitantly looked over at Jotaro and hugged him tightly. Jotaro was taken aback, but hugged him gently anyway.

"I don't think you're weak." Jotaro smiled slightly as he patted Kakyoin's back.

Kakyoin froze. "Wait. You heard that?!"

Kakyoin stopped hugging Jotaro and scooted back, his face turning red from embarrassment. Jotaro looked at him, before realizing he'd heard some stuff he wasn't supposed to.

"Yep." Jotaro sighed quietly, refusing to make eye contact.

Kakyoin stood up, using the nearby trees to help himself. Jotaro stood up quickly and offered a hand, which Kakyoin ignored.

"I can handle myself, you know." Kakyoin steadied himself and rubbed his lavender eyes, which were red and puffy from the crying.

Jotaro took his hand away and shoved them into his pockets. "Fine."

Kakyoin started to walk out of the forest and back to the clearing, stumbling every so often. Jotaro hesitantly followed him, ready to catch him just in case he fell. Kakyoin breathed a shaky sigh of relief when they made it back out, and sat down near a small river. Jotaro sat next to him casually.

"Nice clothes, by the way." Kakyoin smiled, seemingly happy to be out of the forest.

"They were supposed to be pajamas." Jotaro shrugged half-heartedly.

Kakyoin chuckled softly, a laugh that Jotaro could listen to all day.

"Sorry, by the way."

"For what? You didn't do anything." Jotaro looked over at him, a slight smile on his face.

"Well I mean, I had to go and get attacked, and you practically saved my life, and I was kinda an asshole about that. I just... don't want you to hear some things about me." Kakyoin sighed and curled up into a ball, resting his head on his arms.

"Why's that?" Jotaro scooted closer to him.

"It's complicated. I- I don't want anything to change or get ruined, you know?" Kakyoin looked over at him and hid his face almost immediately after.

Jotaro nodded. "Yeah, I get it."

Jotaro looked up at the sky, or lack therof, and facepalmed. Did he just get friend-zoned? Maybe Kakyoin really didn't like him back. He's been a fool this whole time- wait. Kakyoin is dead. This one is just a figment of the imagination, there's no way he survived..!

"Jotaro?" He jumped and looked over at Kakyoin, who was wearing a look of concern.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. For being here. It gets lonely sometimes. Most of the time." Kakyoin stumbled over his words as Jotaro felt himself waking up.

'Nonono wait! I can't go yet! He needs me!'

Jotaro sat up in bed suddenly, tears streaming down his face. He glanced around and flopped back on the bed. He covered his eyes with his arm, unable to stop the quiet sobs. After a few minutes, he calmed himself down. Jotaro sat back up and buried his face in his hands. He needs to stop thinking about him. He's dead.