Confession

the large doors open Serena walks out she looks upset "what happened?" I ask "I I... I won I'm the new champion" she says I perk up and pull Serena into a hug "do you remember what I said in Santalune city?" I ask "yeah when I told you I wanted to become the champion you said I bet you're gonna make it" she answers me "I'm so glad you did it" I say to her we fly back to Vaniville town we make it to the road between our houses "I'll see you tomorrow neighbor" I say as we split ways "Calem" she says I turn around but she says nothing so I keep walking when I feel a hand on my shoulder I look to see Serena I stay silent she gives me a kiss on my cheek and runs off I just stand there when I finally return to reality I walk home "oh Calem you're back" mom says hugging me "so what happened on your journey?" Mom asks "well I'm sure you know what I did" I say "yes but what about your friends?" She asks "I don't know about Shuana and Teirno but Trevor is helping Sycamore with his research and Serena is the champion" I explain "well you should get to sleep it's late" mom says "okay night mom" I go up stairs into my room when I see a light I look out of the window to see Serena I wave out she waves to we can't really communicate so after we wave she blows me a kiss and winks I blush and go to bed I wake up the next morning I eat breakfast when my Holocaster goes off "hello"

"oh Calem can you and Serena come to my lab someone wants to see you here"

"okay we'll be there as fast as possible" I hang up and run to Serena's house I knock on the door "oh hey Calem"

"I need you to come with me to Lumiose city"

"okay" we call someone and make it there and go into the lab "hey Sycamore" I say "hey Calem and congratulation Serena" he says to us a man with black hair and a long brown trench coat "nice to meet you I am Looker of the international police I led the Giovanni investigation in Kanto and Johto I came here for another case and I would like your help Calem Kinan and Serena Yvonne the man who saved Kalos and the new champion so will you help me" me and Serena agree "okay you see there have been sightings of a person in a full black suit with orange on the shoulders and an orange mask with a large E on it you see we think that this masked person has something to do with team Flare so I would like you to help me find them and help me figure out what it has to do with team Flare"

"okay where have they been spotted"

"only in Lumiose city"

"alright we'll start investigating right now c'mon" I say grabbing Serena's wrist we eventually see someone who matches that description "hey stop right there" the person stops "well if it isn't the champion of Kalos and the destroyer of our organization Calem Kinan" the person says "so you are with team Flare huh" I say "yes now Malamar superpower" the large psychic dark type squid Pokémon launches Serena into a wall and leaves "SERENA SERENA" I shout I check her heart rate her heart isn't beating "no no no" I start crying I stand up and send out Chesnaught "giga impact" I say Chesnaught looks around for a target "on me" I say he shakes his head "NOW DO IT END ME" I shout he walks back and charges into me I'm launched into the wall everything goes white when "AGH" I shout falling out of my bed "Calem what's wrong?" Serena asks running over to me I stand up and hug her "you're okay it was just a dream" I say relived "what dream what happened?" She asks "team Flare came back and k-k-killed you" I say shaking "Calem it's okay" she comforts me "thanks Serena" I say we get out of Anistar city and go to route eighteen we make our way through and get to Couriway town when Serena's Holocaster goes off "hi Serena I would like to have another battle with you" professor Sycamore says "okay where?" She asks "near the entrance to route nineteen" he says "okay I'm at at Couriway town so we can fight soon" Serena says "alright well bye" he says and hangs up we go to the Pokémon center we start to walk to the entrance halfway there Serena stops me "hey Calem I need to confess something to you" she says "uh okay what is it?" I ask "I don't know if I should now actually"

"no it's fine you can tell me anything"

"okay so I just wanted to thank you you've been with me from the start whenever I was down you would always cheer me up you were there at every gym battle to cheer me on you're the best neighbor I could of have asked for I don't deserve you as a friend"

"aw you got it wrong if anything I don't deserve you as a friend I said this in Santalune I was barely ever happy I lashed out about it and then I bumped into you and you set me free from that circle I finally got to go on a journey cause of you" I say "well I guess neither of us deserve each other haha" I laugh "you're adorable" I say putting my hand on her hat "hey" she puts both her hands on the brim of her hat I can't prove it but I think I see some red on her face "alright you better get to your battle" I say we get to the exit "well let the battle begin" professor Sycamore says "Venasaur" he sends out a Venasaur "Delphox" Serena sends out her starter Pokémon "mystical fire" she says Delphox shoots a powerful blast of fire swirling hitting Venasaur for massive damage "worry seed" it shoots some seeds that shoot out spores changing Delphox's ability from Blaze to insomnia "mystical fire" it faints the Venasaur "good job Delphox come back now Ampharos"

"Charizard" they send out their Pokémon Serena has an advantage but if he mega evolves it's gone "thunderbolt" Serena says Charizard is paralyzed "flamethrower" Charizard is fully paralyzed "thunderbolt again" Serena says fainting it "Ampharos you did great come back last one Venasaur" she says sending out her Venasaur "Blastoise" he says sending out his final Pokémon "by the light of my key stone and my Venusaurite merge" she says holding her left hand over the key stone on her necklace while it glows Venasaur mega evolves "petal blizzard" she commands a volley of petals appear "ice beam" she doesn't seem worried at all which I'm confused about Venasaur seems to tank it well "what how did it not take massive damage" Sycamore says as confused as me "when Venasaur mega evolves it's ability changes from overgrown to thick fat so it takes less damage from ice and fire type attacks" she explains "petal blizzard" the Blastoise faints "huh I just can't seem to get a hold of this" he says we talk for a bit then leave we make to a bridge "so when do we tell people about you know?" Serena asks "I didn't know you two were dating" we hear from behind us it was Shauna "WE'RE NOT DATING" we both shout in unison "oh come on I'm not stupid you've been traveling together since Santalune you're dating" she says "we're not" Serena says I wasn't looking but when I turn around I see Shauna with a shirt that has me on "oh COME ON how devoted can people be to one person" I say Shauna walks close to me "well if you're not dating hey Calem how about we grab some food" she says putting her finger on my chest bringing it up to my chin "alright no no no no no SO MUCH NOPE" I say I never explained it but under my jacket and pants I have a sky trainer suit I take my jeans and jacket off "CALEM what are you doing?!" Serena asks covering her eyes with her hands "it's fine I'm wearing something" I say I send out Vivillon "so Calem what do you say about that dinner?" Shauna asks "Vivillon" Vivillon uses hurricane launching me into the air I fly to Snowbelle city I call Serena's Holocaster she picks up "hey is she with you?" I ask "nah she left when you did" she says "okay I flew to Snowbelle city I'll get us a room and tell the lady that you're coming okay"

"sure" she hangs up and I get room "oh by the way my friend is coming her name is Serena Yvonne" I walk off and go into the room when I pull out my journal and write about what happened today and something else I read it over "I think I might like her yep perfect" I say to myself the door opens before I put my journal in my bag "hey Calem" I panic and hide it in my jacket "h-hey Serena" I say "why are you nervous?" She asks me "w-what do you mean I'm not nervous" I say "yes you are Calem just tell me" I sigh "alright it was this" I pull out my journal "what's that?" Serena asks sitting down "it's a it's a journal I've been using it since a year ago" I explain "oh okay cool" she gives me a warm smile "but a lot of the entry's are just the same thing woke up, ate breakfast, go to work, talk to Shauna Trevor and Teirno at lunch, leave, eat dinner, sleep rinse and repeat"

"hey at least they're different now" she lets out a small laugh "I guess you're right" I say "if you don't mind me asking why do you have a sky trainer suit?" She asks "while having my current Pokémon I decided I want to be sky trainer" I say trying to look away embarrassed "Calem there's no need to get embarrassed I think it's really cool" she says "the only problem I have one Pokémon that can be used in a sky battle" I say laughing "haha well better get started on that team" she says "yeah you're probably right" I say I yawn lie down and eventually fall asleep