I said trying not to raise my voice.

"I guess I'm too late."

SHe said to me almost in a whisper.

SHe squatted to be on the eye level with Wyatt, didn't she hear anything I said.

"Be a good kid," SHe ruffled Wyatt's hair and stood up.

"Bye, Jennie."

SHe winked at Wyatt making him giggle, she smiled at me and fixed her Airpods and jogged away from us.

I wanted to stop the lies, but it felt like I had no control over the words leaving my mouth. I didn't want her anywhere near Wyatt, I didn't want her back in my life and giving her reasons to stay away seemed like the right thing. This was my new beginning and I won't let her ruin it.

Well, I was a liar, that was what I'd been doing since I returned from Cuba. I needed to make Lisa stay away, I was never going to let her know about Wyatt or the other twin.

I picked Wyatt and rushed out of the park, I found myself driving to an old jewelry store.

I bought an old wedding ring and wore it immediately I entered the car.

"What the hell am I doing?"

I whispered under my breath, no one knew about Wyatt and I wasn't married to anyone, what if she asks Haein?

I reached for my phone and dialed his number, he picked on the third ring.

"Missing me already?"

Came his cocky voice

"I ran into Lisa..."

"Did she try to talk to you?"

SHe cut in immediately.

"Yeah and I um...told her I was married."

"Wait, what?"

"Please tell her it's true in case she asks and also, I told her I have a son."

"Oh my God, Jennie, that's too much."

"I know just help me, okay?"

"Okay but why?"

"I don't want her anywhere close to me, I want her to stay away from me."

"Mom!"

Wyatt screamed from his booster at the back, I knew he was calling me for no reason. He always did that, if I answer him he was just going to keep screaming the name.

"Where are you?"

"I'm driving."

"But you don't have a car."

"I rented one."

"Mommy!!!" I sent a pleading look to Wyatt as if he could understand.

"Someone just screamed...."

"It's a commercial on the radio."
I said quickly.

"Ohh."

"Uhm, Haein I will call you when I get home, I'm on the highway," I lied.

"Okay, drive safely."

I released a loud breath immediately I ended the call, this was not me, I didn't want to be anything like Lisa but I was desperate.

⌛️⏳

"Honey, that's too much"

Mrs. Potts said immediately I told her.

"I know, it just slipped."

I groaned and buried my face in my palms.

"How long do you think your lie would work?"