〔ℜ〕- The Last Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"that's because he gave me them," he sighed, fiddling with the elastic braces.

"Kiri was so disappointed when he said he wasn't gonna wear them, so he caved pretty quickly," Mirio continued on.

Me and Nejire began laughing again.

"Stop laughing at me..." his face went red with embarrassment.
~

It got dark quite quickly, by the time we got to the street, the LED lights lit up the entire block.
It was raining pretty hard, but there wasn't any wind so our umbrellas wouldn't fly away.
I held the umbrella above me and Nejire, and she held it with her hand over mine.
Whilst I was having an inner crisis, the two boys behind us were pointing out different shops and stalls.

Nejire tugged towards a bracelet stall, where she bought a pair of matching pink silicon wristbands that read "Soulmate".
She slipped mine over my hand, and then picked out a few more bright pastel ones.
I filed through a load of bead and charm bracelets, and ended up with a few orange, blue and yellow beaded bracelets that went with my outfit.

And it continued like that, our accessory rampage led to us dragging the poor boys all over the place. We bought animal mouth masks, hair pins for Nejire, cat ears, necklaces and we even found a subtle butterfly hair pin.

And, to our surprise, Tamaki willingly wore it.

"It's pretty," he whispered, a small smile tugging at his cheeks as he clipped it to his bangs.

Food stalls were also the bane of our wallet's existence, as we bought candy floss, strawberry laces, and warm donuts.

~

We decked ourselves out, even Mirio wore a pair of black and white cat ears.
Bags hung from our arms, full of gifts and trinkets, and we had to persuade Nejire not to get another keychain for her bag, because she had no space to put it anywhere.
Just when we thought we were successful, she disappeared from the group, and when we eventually found her again, she had around six keychains in her hands and a massive cat plushie in her arms.

"I couldn't help it!" She exclaimed, "they were just so cute!"

"S-so are you," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" She cocked her head, smiling happily.

"N-nothing!" I cried out.

I lost grip of my umbrella, and it tipped off to the side and rain splashed me in the face.

"Ah!" I gasped, and Mirio broke into hysterics.

"Let's get out of the rain!" Tamaki pointed to an empty marquee.

We rushed inside, letting our umbrellas down. The rain splashed and pattered against the roof, and we saw it trickle down the sides. There were only three chairs in the shelter, probably because people took them to other gazebos.

Nejire sat in the middle with the boys either side of her, and, before I could protest, she pulled me into her lap.
She squeezed me in a hug and rested her head on my shoulder, looking up at me with puppy eyes, seemingly saying, 'please stay like this'.
I sighed and leaned against her.

Mirio was already digging into his donut, and Tamaki was fiddling with his hair clip. He'd check it every two minutes just incase it fell out.

"You really like that clip," I smiled, poking it.

He stroked the wings gently.
My gaze fell outside of the tent, just looking around the street at the fairy lights and decorated street lamps. They really went all out this year.
But there was one light coming from an alleyway, a small blue flicker that didn't look like it came from any street light or stall.

I got up from Nejire's lap, saying I was just going to the toilet and would be back in a minute.

"Okay, be careful, the rain has stopped for now so I'll watch your umbrella!" She called.

I walked through an aisle in between two stalls, and towards the alleyway.

A small candle rested on top of a piece of paper, a small blue flame flickered on the wax.
I kneeled down, and picked up the piece of paper.

It read;

"
Hey.

We were worried about you, ya know.
You ran off, and not showing back up made Tomura practically choke Twice.

But now that I know where you are, I'm not worried anymore.
You've moved on.

So, just be careful. Because next time we see you, we won't be on the same side anymore.

I'm looking forward to our long-awaited battle, fire with fire.

So work hard, star.
"

The candle flickered, and I lifted it up, cupping it in my hand. I shoved the letter in my pocket.
I heard a clink of metal, and I looked up above me.
I looked into his eyes, one last time.
One last goodbye.

Before we inevitably meet again.

Nejire came up behind me, and he disappeared over the rooftops.

"You okay?"

The candle blew out. I nodded and smiled at her, taking her hand and standing up.

"Just got lost," I explained, putting my head on her shoulder as I held her hand.

"Okay, then let's go back, the boys are at it again with the food, and if we're not careful, then they'll eat our candy floss!"

I glanced back at the alleyway, one last time, before looking forward, my fingers intertwined with Nejire's.

<<<
Welcome to the end of this book!
Thankyou all so much for reading. I love all the comments and support you've given, and it has made me so happy to see that you've enjoyed what I've written.

Welcome to the end of this journey~