Chapter 10: A Trip to The Mall-Part 1

Tokoyami's POV:

I woke up to Dark Shadow again.
"Hey sleepyhead! Sooo, when are you and Tsu going to go to the mall??" My eyes widened.
"Uhh, I-I don't know. I forgot to ask her when we should meet up and stuff!"
"Well lucky for you, she texted a few minutes ago. I haven't opened it yet. You go read it while I'll see what you should wear." I sighed and got my phone.

"Tokoyami-Kun, is it okay if we leave around 12:30-1:00?"
"Sounds good."
I checked the time. 9:53. I put my phone down and looked over to Dark Shadow.
"You don't need to pick my clothes for me, I can do it myself."
"Ughh fine." I got up and looked through my closet. I grabbed a plain white shirt, black jeans, and a dark blue jacket. I placed them on my desk and went back to my bed. I grabbed my phone again and saw a notification from Asui.

"Want to meet up in the common area or at the mall?"
"Maybe outside of the dorms, I actually forgot the way to the mall and I don't want people to ask us questions in the common area."
"Ohh okay, gotcha. So just a recap, we'll meet outside of the dorms at around 12. Sounds like a plan?"
"Yup sounds great! See you then?"
"See ya!" I smiled at that last text for a bit. Afterwards, I played some music and fell back to sleep

~Time Skip~

I woke up and checked the time on my phone. 11:16. I got up to go brush my teeth and change into the clothes I put on my desk. A few minutes later, I looked at myself in the mirror.
"Do I look good?"
"You look okay. Why are you so worried about your appearance?"
"I don't know." I checked the time on my phone again. 11:38.

"Should I head out now?"
"I don't know, it's your choice."
"Fine. I'll go now." Before I went out the door, I grabbed my earphones and plugged them into my phone to play some more music. When I went down the stairs into the common area, Kaminari and Sero saw me.

"Ooooo, where are you heading?"
"I'm just going to get some fresh air, what's wrong with that?"
"A bit moody huh? We'll leave you be, right Kaminari?"
"Mhm, totally. Anyways, see you later Tokoyami!" I nodded and went outside. I leaned against a tree, facing away from the dorms, listening to music while waiting for Asui.

*Are you excited? I know I am!*
*I know you are, and I'm a bit excited too.*
*Hehe, are you sure you don't have a crush on her?? I mean, you have been acting hap-*
"Oh hey there Tokoyami-Kun!" I turned to see Asui. She was wearing a pastel green shirt with light blue jeans.
*Your face is heating up.* Dark Shadow giggled.
*Shut. Up.*
"Oh hey Tsuyu. Ready to go?"
"Yup! Let's get going, ribbit."

No One's POV:

"So, what did you tell Kaminari-Kun and Sero-Kun when you walked out?"
"I told them I just wanted some fresh air. Did you also bump into them?"
"Yeah, I told them I was going to the mall. I didn't say I was going with you though."
"It's okay. I'm surprised you wanted to go with me."
"Why?" Asui puts her index finger on her chin with a bit of a confused expression.
"I-I don't know, but I'm glad you came."
"Oh okay." She smiled.

~Time Skip~

"Here we are, ribbit. Follow me to the store I got the desserts from."
"O-okay." Tokoyami followed the amphibian girl to a store full of desserts.
"Take what you want, if you don't have enough money, I can spare some ribbit."
"You don't have to, I'm only taking a few things."
"Oh okay." Tokoyami grabbed some macarons and a melonpan, while Asui was following him.

"I'll just take this much."
"Are you sure? I can buy you some more if you like."
"No, I'm good with what I have." He headed over to the cash register.
"It will be ¥850 sir."
"O-oh okay." Tokoyami grabbed all the money he brought which was ¥267. Asui saw the amount of yen he had. The bird boy sighed.
"Actually neverm-"
"Here." Tokoyami turned his head towards Asui who was putting ¥850 on the counter.

"Thank you." After a while they left the store in silence. They walked around a bit. Asui looked through the windows of some clothing stores and Tokoyami followed behind her, still shocked that she paid for his dessert. He decided to break the silence.