Nine

Y/n stands patiently by the school gates, nervously tapping her shoe against the concrete as she glances around for Bokuto.

To be completely fair, even if she did see him she wouldn't know it was him due to the fact she had no clue what he looked like.

"Hey!" y/n looked to her left to come face to face with someone chest. "Are you Y/n L/n?"

She tilted her head up and took a step back to see the beaming smile of a boy with grey and white hair, his yellow eyes reflecting the sun.

"Yep! That's me, daddy." She points to herself with her thumb, smirking as his ears turn pink and he averts his gaze.

"C-call me Kōtarō." He reaches up and rubs the back of his neck. "Don't call me daddy until we're alone." He glances down at her smugly, watching her reaction.

Y/n could feel her face turn a million different shades of red and can hear her heart slamming against her ribs.

"Aww, you're blushing." Bokuto pinched her cheek playfully, making her sway it away with a pout.

"S-shut up." She huffs, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Where are we going?"

"An amusement park!" Bokuto declares, making y/n perk up. "The train there leaves in twenty minutes and...OH MY GOD YOUR SHIRT HAS A DINOSAUR ON IT." He gushed, practically jumping up and down while pointing at her chest.
"He's so cute, what's his name!!"

"Herald!" Y/n declares proudly, watching at stars basically form in Bokuto's eyes.

"I love him." Bokuto says. "He is our son!"

Y/n giggles slightly at his childishness, grabbing a hold of his arm and beginning to walk.
"Come on, lets head to the station, you can tell me about your volleyball get away."

"-AND THEN KUROO SPIKED THE BALL AND I BLOCKED IT!" Bokuto throws his hands up in the air enthusiastically.
"It was totally awesome! You shoulda seen the look on his face, he was sooo pissed!"

Y/n laughs, eyebrows raised in amusement.
"What about you?" Bokuto asks. "What do you do for fun?"

The question made her falter slightly. What did she do for fun?

"Well, I guess the only fun thing I do right now is text you." He frowns at her answer. "Either that or I watch anime. Ever since I stopped playing volleyball I haven't been doing much."

"You should help out as a manager for the rest of the year!" Bokuto grins as the bullet train comes to a stop, announcing the name of the station.
"This is us." He says, the two of them standing up.
"But I'll talk to coach on Monday and you can come with me! Sound good?"

Y/n glances up at his grinning face as they step onto the platform.
"Yeah, sounds like fun to me."

"YES!" He gives the air a double fist bump in triumph. "You're gonna have so much fun with us!!"

"I hope so." Y/n nudges him as they begin to walk along.

"Let's go on this one!" Bokuto suggests, pulling y/n in the direction of the ghost train ride and into the short waiting line
"You can hold onto me if you get scared." He puffs his chest out proudly, making y/n scoff playfully.

"Yeah, ok tough guy."

Eventually they come to the front of the line and are instructed by the boredom ridden teen to get into the kart, Bokuto deciding to help y/n on first.

"What a gentleman." Y/n teases, making him grin bashfully and he sits down next to her.

With a jerky start, the ride starts to move, the track clicking as they get closer to the doors decorated to look like a skull.

As soo as the doors slam behind them, smoke starts to fill the room and red lights start to flash violently as a shrill scream echoed out.

Y/n glances around the dark in slight amusement as bokuto discreetly starts to shift closer to her.

A worker dressed up as a clown with pointy teeth and drenched in blood pops out at them, grabbing onto Bokuto's arm and making him scream and clutch onto y/n like a koala and bury his face in her shoulder as she laughs.

They eventually come to the end of the ride and quickly get off, y/n's face flushed from laughing at Bokuto's terrified screams and his pale with horror.

"It wasn't that bad!" Y/n says teasingly, patting his shoulder. "Come on, I'll buy you some cotton candy, it'll make you feel better." She grabs his hand and starts to pull him along to a candy stall but he stops abruptly, jerking her back suddenly.

"No it won't." He says looking down, and making her frown. "But a kiss would." He looks up with a cheeky grin, his eyes reflecting the brightly coloured lights from the games stalls and rides.

"Would it now?" Y/n asks, making him nod. "Well come here then." He grins even wider and steps closer as she leans up to press a short peck on his lips.

"Oya oya?" A teasing voice came. "Didn't know your had a girlfriend. Bokuto."

The two of them snap their head up to look at the person who had spoke, a tall boy with fair skin and messy black bed head was standing there with a smug smirk and his phone in hand and directed at them.

"I'm sure you're team would love this photo too, I might print it out."

Y/n blinks slowly and looks at Bokuto who was covered in blush.
"Ok," she says, gaining their attention. "Makes sure to send me a copy." She winks at him and links arms with bokuto and starts to pull him away.

"See ya later rooster boy." Bokuto yells back teasingly, sticking his tongue out at the boy.

"Hurry up, I wanna win you one of those teddy bears you were oggling earlier." Y/n says, making bokuto sputter in response.

"I-I was oggling it for..you!" He argues back.

"Yeah, ok sunshine."

Omg I know this is so bad holy shit. But I rlly wanted to get this out for you giys so expect better date chapters from now on 🤣