Chapter 14

Jamal's POV

"I'll finish you today." Somadina hollered as he pressed the console, taking the lead in the PES we were playing. I growled as I pressed the console aggressively, trying to beat him but I lost the game.

After the whole Tolani fiasco, Somadina called few minutes after to know if I was at home and when I told him yes, he hung up and ten minutes later, he was at my door. We've been up in my room, playing PES like no man's business instead of us to be working on our assignment.

"I won! In your face." He mocked me and I hissed.

"Yah mad. In fact, get out of my house." I pointed to the door but he laughed me down and threw himself on my bed.

"You are such a sore loser. Calm down na. It's just a game." He picked up his phone.

"We should start our assignments though." I told him, going over to my study table.

"Abeg, leave assignment for now. Let's gist." He said, his eyes shining with excitement. I groaned.

"Soma, you are a genius and you can do your assignments in thirty seconds. I don't have that kind of super power. It's not me you will come and cobalize." I told him.

"I'll do your assignment for you, no sweat at all." He threw that away with a wave of his hand. Having Somadina do your assignment for you is like having an A* in a very difficult exam. I tossed my books aside and turned ti face him.

"Well, you have my full attention now." I said and he laughed.

"Olodo." Somadina said and I stretched my fingers at him in the normal waka gesture.

On cue, my alarm rang signaling the time for my drug. I rose my index to Somadina, indicating he should give me a minute and he nodded. I went to the small fridge by a corner of my room and brought out a bottle of water before taking my tablets. I threw them into my mouth and downed the water in a gulp.

"You good?" Somadina asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded, using the back of my palm to clean my mouth.

"I've been meaning to ask though. What changed? You are looking more refreshed than before. Have you been getting enough sleep? What happened?" Soma asked and I chuckled, the events of the weekend coming back to me.

"Elyon happened." I told him and that peeked his interest. He quickly sat up.

"Ol boy. Tell me something." He said and I started to gist him of the events of the weekend and his eyes widened at every word.

"Somadina, no one has been able to put me to sleep in years and she did it in one night! Forget, she's an Angel. Ever since then, I've been able to sleep on my own. All I need to do is think about her and I'm gone...into a sweet peaceful sleep." I said and Somadina laughed.

"I'm shocked! Wow. Have you told your parents?" He asked me and I shook my head. I didn't want my parents knowing anything yet, and I made Skye promise never to say a word to them.

"I am not going to tell them yet. I wake up before them most times so when they meet me awake, they are still of the notion that I didn't sleep. So, I'm just leaving it as that." I shrugged.

"You should tell them. They deserve to know that their son is already doing okay. They deserve that much." Somadina said and I nodded.

"I know but they will feel indebted to Elyon and that's the last I want. That's probably the last thing Elyon wants as well. I'll tell them but not now." I said and Somadina nodded in understanding.