Anxiety

JONATHAN'S POV

"Jonathan, it is so good to see you!" Matthew said with a bright smile as he came to meet me outside of his house.

I smiled back. "How are you, Matthew?"

"Great, my mate and I are expecting a pup, my pack is flourishing with a Luna and I get to prepare for a great holiday. I cannot wait to spend Christmas with my mate." He marveled looking back lovingly at the house.

"Yes, I had heard you found your mate, how is she? How is the pup?"

"I said pup didn't I? I meant pups, we're having twins. She is under a lot of stress though so I do worry greatly for her health." He grimaced, I knew the feeling.

"My mate as well."

He looked a taken back. "You have a mate?" He then gave me a look. "I'm quite insulted I was not informed of this. "

"I wanted to announce it to you in person, my friend. However, she is human and we had to go through tradition before we mated. I thought it would have been silly to invite you to the wedding. Even so, the day I got married was the day my mom called off the wedding, it was a stressful and beautiful day." I sighed remebering how beautiful my mate was standing so far away down the aisle from me. Now here she is carrying my pup. The bigget evidence indicating she belongs to me. Not my mark that she hid with her coat or the ring, no one looks at a womans finger any more before they decided to flirt anyways.

"Wedding? I am almost insulted, as you know I hate that silly tradition of marriage, even if my mate wants to it still seems ridiculous to me. I am surprised you did, you hate that tradition more than I do! Anytime anyone in your pack got married you always made them do it off your radar."

I cringed realizing if Lizabeth heard any of this I would likely be mateless for a while. I looked back into the car to see her still sound asleep. I let out a large breath.

"I did it for her. I love her. While it may be stupid and useless to us, to her it was what she has been raise to believe in." I replied walking around to her door. I gathered her in my arms and beckoned for Matthew to lead the way, I knew I did not have to worry about the other Alphas asking too many questions about her, as none of them were here yet, I decided to arrive a day earlier for a reason. I also hated when others butt into my pack. No one would be allowed to know of her presence here beside Matthew and the other Alphas, she is not to be out of the room at all for the time we are here. Which is only three more days.

She would be too fragile to sit in a chair and listen to five dominant Alphas argue about pack security problems. I also did not know how she would be with the surroundings of the power. Who knows if her human side will be able to handle it, as opposed to her Luna side.

Matthew and I talked about life and how greatly blessed we have been by the Moon goddess. I felt Lizabeth's panic through the bond an hour later and excused myself to go and be with her. I had to admit, I was a little worried. What if she has gone into early labor? What if there is something wrong with my pup?

Her heart was racing, spiking up a little when I knocked on and opened the door. She had big eyes and a protective hand on her belly. But let out a large sigh and dropped her hand when she saw it was me.

"Oh thank god. You ass! You scared me to death!" She nearly shouted at me. She then chuckled at herself, running her hands down her face in embarrassment. I quickly walked to her side and took hold of one of her freezing hands. She opened her eyes and gave me a small grin. "Sorry, did I scare you? I really didnt mean to, I - I just... You werent there when I woke up. And I freaked put caused I thought we were still in the car. I-!"