Chapter 1

I am almost done with my shift at the cafe, Harry sitting at the table right by the counter. I am barely even paying attention to what I am doing, poor customers. I can’t help myself, I keep looking over at him and smiling. He always looks back and gives me a little wave. Everytime he does my heart pounds a little harder. 

“If you keep staring at me, no one is gonna get their orders.” Harry says with a laugh.

“Ew, why would I be staring at you?” I quip back. We’re always like this, just cute little banter. I probably read too much into it, but he’s not like this with our other friends, only me. Of course he is always cheeky, but it’s like he is extra with me. I can’t stop the smile that comes to my face thinking about it.

“Why would you not stare at me? I mean,” He eyes his own body, “hello.” I roll my eyes and get back to work. “Are you almost done? I’m bored.” Harry says, dragging out bored. 

“It is not my job to entertain you. I have work to do. Go somewhere else then.” I don't really want him to go anywhere else, but I won’t tell him that.

“No, we have plans with the guys to go out to the bar tonight. There is no point of me leaving just for us to go to the same place.” I see him every single day, yet I am excited about us going to the bar together? I am in deep trouble. Why does he make me feel like this? Why can’t I just love someone that loves me back? I focus on work for the rest of my shift then go to the back to grab my stuff.

“Ready to go?” Harry asks when I make my way back to the front. I give him a nod, and we start walking over to the bar. Everything in this town is walking distance. The air is a little colder than I thought it would be. I didn’t even bring a coat. “Hey, are you cold? Here take my jacket.” He takes it off and hands it to me. I feel the familiar heat crawling to my cheeks, but I just pretend it is from the cold.

“Thank you.” I can immediately smell him on it and I can’t help but to inhale. What is wrong with me? 

“So, are you planning on finally getting some tonight?” Harry wiggles his eyebrows. Not unless it’s with you. I obviously keep that thought in my head.

“Nah, I’m not really feeling it tonight.” I look over and see him roll his eyes.

“Niall,” he turns me to face him, “you are never feeling it. How are you supposed to meet someone if you don’t put yourself out there?” I don’t want to meet someone else when I have you. I technically don’t even have you though. That thought alone makes me want to cry.

“It’s just hard to find the right one.” I decide to go with.

“Niall,” Harry lets out a sigh, “it’s not that hard.”

“Easy for you to say mr. model-actor-singer. You are literally the definition of perfect. You have a beautiful voice and you’re famous. Of course it’s not hard for you. I’m just me, Niall Horan. I’m nothing special.” I shake my head. I don’t even want to get into all the reasons why Harry would never love me. “Anyway,” I say, wiping the tears I could feel were about to slip out, “let’s go. Don’t want to keep the boys waiting. You know how Liam feels when we’re not punctual.” Harry just sighs, but continues walking with me.

We get to the bar and I scan my eyes around looking for the table where the guys are. I spot Zayn’s hair and turn around to tell Harry but frown when he’s gone. I look around and see him already going to the bar. “Thanks for telling me you were leaving.” I say under my breath. I walk over to the table, alone, and get ready to put on my happy face.

“Niall!” I hear Louis calling out to me. Then I felt my wrist getting pulled on, dragging me into the booth. I land on the seat with a humph.