Chapter 4: The Amazing Spiderman

The rest of the day goes by pretty quick, and it turns out I have gym class and math with mj, and all classes with Peter. When the bell rings last period, Peter dashes out of our science class.
"Your just gonna abandon me after my first day?" I joked, which makes him turn around.
He looks surprised, and speaks fast. "Oh I have this thing...my aunt..um gotta go!" He turns around and runs towards the door, leaving me standing there, confused. I head to the office to hand in the rest of my forms and wait for Ned to ride home together. After a few minutes he shows up and we walk out together.
"Hey what's the deal with Peter rushing off, is that normal?" I ask as we wait for the subway to arrive.
"Yeah, he runs off everyday after school with a new excuse each time. Honestly I just ignore it at this point, it's pretty normal and he's back to himself by dinner time." Ned replies, shrugging. I shouldn't worry myself anyways, Peter is 16 and can do whatever he wants and obviously doesn't need my permission, i've only really known this Peter for a day.
"Oh hey Peter said that tonight we can finally build our Death Star lego set, you can come with me if you want and help." Ned starts to go into the details of building their Death Star, which I know they've wanted ever since we first set eyes on it back in third grade.
"Sure, it'll be nice to hang out with Peter." I answer when he finally comes up for air.
"Peter? I thought you'd be more interested in the legos, you used to be the lego master!" He raises an eyebrow, and I blush and turn away.
"Oh uh yeah I meant it'll be fun to finally build this thing." The rest of the way home I try to avoid Neds eye contact and we both get lost in our own phones.
....
A couple hours later when I'm finished with homework, Ned lets me know that we are gonna head to Peters apartment.
"He said he had to finish up some errands and didn't know when he was gonna be home, but I called his aunt and she said we could go over and get a head start on the set." Ned explained as we walked over to his apartment since it was only a mile away and was nice out. We get to Peters apartment and his aunt greets us at the door.
" Hi May, this is my cousin Holly, I think you guys met the summer Peter moved in with you." I smile, but May pulls me into a hug.
"Of course I remember Holly, look how big you gotten! Peter used to have the biggest crush on you, he would clean his room up every time you guys would come over, which he never does, trust me." May says as she releases me, with a wink. Peter liked me? but he would always tease me and pull my hair, was this the same Peter I remembered? Could he still like me now? My thoughts are interrupted when a beep rings through the small space.
"That would be our dinner, let me get that. You guys can head into Peters room, he should be here soon." May rushes off to the kitchen and we head down the hall.
....
A little while later we are at least halfway through the set, but it looks like Peter had already started a bit. We both take a break to admire our work, sitting on the bottom bunk of Peters bed.
" Look how accurate this is! i've never seen-" Ned is cut off by the scraping sound of a window, and we both fall completely silent. Is Peter being robbed? We move closer into the bed, hoping the intruder won't see us in the shadows. Ned, clutching the ball, points up at the ceiling, shocked. I look up and I see someone in a costume, and I realize that it's New York's very own Spiderman. I see videos all over youtube and instagram about the masked hero that suddenly appeared months ago. His identity is a secret, but he's saved hundreds of lives that nobody seems to mind. He jumps off the ceiling, and takes off his mask. He turns around, and Ned drops the perfect replica that was the lego set. I jump, and see what shocks him. Under the mask was Peters face- Peter Parker is Spiderman, and I think we are the only ones that know.