Pain.

*Nathan's POV*

Destery seemed.. Interesting. 

I mean it's not like I didn't like him, he was just quiet. As for me, well I was far from quiet.

But he was cute, I liked the way his jet black hair came down into his eyes, and was spiky at the back, a bit like my brownish red hair did.

And he did join in our little kick dance thing; my test to see just how he would fit in with us, and the answer was: pretty well.

It would probably just take some time getting used to the mute thing. 

He seemed like a really nice guy and I wanted to give him a chance. It would be cool living next door to my other friend. Gerard lived across the road from us and if it was quiet, we could open our bedroom windows and talk to eachother. We did that in the middle of the night sometimes when neither of us could sleep. It was awesome.

Anyway, we were in Starbucks and Gerard went up to go get our coffees. We all ordered mochas, it'd been a long time since I'd had one and Destery just shrugged, he didn't mind what he got.

Gee left us alone for a bit, he was paying to celebrate our new 'addition'. 

I was afraid that might happen, I hadn't properly examined him yet. When I want to know someone, I look into their eyes. I'm not sure how but when I do, I know everything straight away. Gerard had always told me I was 'psychic' and shit but I never really believed that. I wasn't sure what it was but for some reason, I had always hated it. Sometimes I don't want to know people. I just wanted to zone out and forget everything so I usually avoided peoples' eyes.

When I had looked deep into Gerard's eyes for instance, I could tell he was hiding a lot of emotions. His icy blue orbs had always mystified me, how they were filled with so much pain, especially from his past, but they were glazed over with a thick layer of happiness that your average person would see. They all thought he was happy but I knew something was wrong.

When we became best friends, most of the pain faded away. I could really see a difference, and I was so glad I was the reason behind it.

I looked up at Destery, he was already staring at me and when I saw him, he looked away and blushed deeply. 

I smirked, he was so cute when he did that. 

Gee barely ever blushed, what with his 'vampirism' and stuff. It was like he was too pale for his skin to hold any other colour.

"Hey Destery, are you okay?" I asked him. Shit.. What if I had scared him off because I noticed him staring at me.. or shouuldn't I be the one that was scared? Well I wasn't, I was flattered.

He nodded and gave me a little smile. His eyes didn't leave the table. I wanted him to look up so I could see into them but I didn't wanna ask, that would be fucking creepy.

"Y'know, you really don't have to be shy around me. I'm not like the other people. I like you, you seem really cool and I wanna get to know you." I told him hopefully

His smile grew wider, his braces glinting. He raised his hand up to cover his mouth, and looked up at me through his thick lashes. Damn you, Destery! I still couldn't see his eyes properly and my curiosity was growing by the second.

Then Gerard came back with our amazing chocolate coffees. He handed them to us and I thanked him. Destery just gave a grateful smile, and wrapped his cold hands round the steaming cup. Gee took a seat next to him, so that they were both across from me. 

Gee looked at me once and knew I was up to something straight away, he silently scanned my face, his eyebrow raised in question when his eyes met with mine.