Nature.

Gerard's POV

Of course I didn't have to study. I never studied anyway. I now had nothing to do. It was alright though, Nathan was my best friend and he really likes this guy.

I sighed, there was nothing to do now.

I had a sudden idea, I hadn't been to the park in forever so I decided to go for a walk there.

I liked nature, I felt so free when I was surrounded by it.

I put on some black Converse and left, the walk wasn't that far.

I couldn't stop thinking about Destery, I didn't like him in that way, I just...

Well I knew Nathan was somewhat of a player. He had been with a lot of guys and girls. I had liked him at one point, but we never dated. We'd mindlessly flirt all the time and he kissed me once.

That was when I realised I was bi. I had liked it, but Nathan only did it because he wanted me to realise, he had known before me.

I opened the gate to the park and it made a loud screeching noise that made me want to scrape my ears off.

I laughed for some reason, and carried on walking.

A few minutes later, I reached a nature trail, the trail that brought back thousands of memories.

Nathan and I had went for walks here all the time when we were younger and somewhat more peaceful, to talk about things. Y'know those times you have with friends when you just talk, you don't care what about really, maybe about yourselves to find out more about eachother or whatever. Or maybe about what you both like and dislike so you can find out more of what you have in common, maybe have some banter. This is what me and Nathan did. We'd walk around here every day for months after we first met, just talking about anything and everything. That's how I got to know him so well and him me.

A sudden bump into my chest knocked me to the ground. I looked up and gasped.

A man carrying something on his back had knocked me over while walking in the opposite direction, he was now in complete shock and had frozen staring at me.

“I.. I'm so sorry.. Can I help you up?” He flustered, holding his hand out to me.

I took it hesitantly and he pulled me up. I took this chance to look at him properly. He looked about my age, with black hair spiked up at the back, hazel/green eyes and a lipring. He was carrying a guitar case on his back. I looked at his hands, one that was still holding me up with shock, and the other which was holding the left strap of his guitar case, they were covered in tattoos that continued to snake up his arms and under his sleeves.

He let go of my hand, bringing me back to earth.

“Hi.. Umm.. Sorry for knocking you over.. I'm Frank by the way..” He raised his eyebrows and smiled.

“It's okay, I guess I wasn't really watching where I was going..” I trailed off, looking back at his eyes.

“Uhh okay well what's your name?” He smirked.

I blushed deeply and replied; “My name's Gerard.” Trying to sound confident, but not quite getting there.

“Well hey Gerard. I'm sorry for knocking you over... Can I get you a coffee?” He blushed a little, making my stomach flip.

“Uhh.. Sure...” I tried smiling back.

He smiled and led the way back through the nature trail, to Starbucks.

*****

Hey umm so this was just a short chapter about Gerard and stuff.

I wanted to know if you guys thought there was too much like intamacy between Des and Nate, I know they've just met but I thought it was cute. I was half way through writing the next chapter when I realised there was probably too much of it..

~Pencey