Win £65 in Kia's 'Unpublished Gem of Wattpad' competition

Do you have a favourite Wattpad writer who you would love to see acknowledged for their outstanding talent? If so, we have the perfect competition for you.

Since joining Wattpad, Kia has been overwhelmed by the level of talent within the community. In the run-up to publishing her debut novel, she has decided that she would love to pay tribute to the amazing talent on Wattpad and in doing so, raise the profile of all of its authors to the publishing world.

Kia has therefore decided to launch a competition to find the top ten ‘Unpublished Gems of Wattpad.’ She is appealing to the Wattpad community to get involved in promoting their platform and their wonderful writers by nominating those books and stories which they feel most deserve to be on the list.

First prize for the author of the top ‘Unpublished Gem of Wattpad’ will be £65, as well as an interview and review of their book on Kia’s blog and across her social media platforms, as a thank you for participating in the competition.  

As a special thank you, 5 runners-up will also be chosen to receive a review on their story, along with a bio and website mention on Kia’s site and across her social media platforms. 

This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase the exceptional talent on Wattpad, so be sure to register your nomination as soon as possible and remember: your favourite Wattpad writer needs YOU! My novel, ‘Innovera Yakov: The Journey of a Thousand Eyes’ is set to be released in just a few weeks and I will be embarking on a big promotional tour for it. This will include public appearances and magazine features, to name but a few exciting events where I intend to promote the upcoming talent which I have seen across Wattpad.

To ensure that your favourite Wattpad star is on the list, simply send an email to competitions@kiagarriques.com including a link to the book you want to nominate and a short note on why you have selected it.

Each entrant must have a minimum of 5 votes in order to make the shortlist and the top ten stories with the most nominations will go through to the judges votes where the judges will choose a winner. The more votes you get, the better as those with the highest will automatically go through to the shortlist.

Authors can nominate themselves to particpate in the competition but they must also have five nomination min. by other Wattpad members. Feel free to use the comment space below to promote your own work.

Terms and Conditions:

1. Each entry is limited to one story per author.

2. To be eligible, the entrant and the author they are nominating must be a fan of the Kia Garriques Wattpad profile. This is so that we can verify their nomination.

3. Kia will be tweeting about the competition on her Twitter account. In order to receive all of the latest updates and information, follow her @kiagarriques.

SPONSOR: Kia Garriques

Kia Garriques is fast becoming known as the best kept secret of fiction writing. Having studied writing and English literature at Middlesex University, Kia began writing short stories like most graduates but with a unique influence of manifesting dreams.

Her first story ‘The Invisible Alien Watcher’ was published by Micro Horror in 2009 and reprinted by Pill Hill Press in 2011. Over the years, Kia has had short stories such as ‘Locked Up’, ‘The Watcher’ and ‘Fly Away Butterfly’ published in paperbacks and online.

Now in 2012 Kia Garriques prepares to enlighten and invite readers into a world which questions why we are here and what our purpose really is through an exciting chain of events and characters, in which children of all ages and adults will enjoy and thrive off. ‘Innovera Yakov: The Journey of A Thousand Eyes’ is due to be released the end of December 2012: a book of Rowling’s magic in Cameron’s fictional world.