blind date

naomi x jimmy uso

naomi was a lot of things, but successful in the love department was not one of the sadly

naomi was a lot of things, but successful in the love department was not one of the sadly. she had tried dating apps, speed dating and even dating people from work, but nothing worked. she wasn't desperate, but she was at a point in her career where she wanted a personal life, someone to share all her success with, so here she was begging her sister to set her up with someone.

"please kara, i swear if it doesn't work out, i'll never ask you again." she begged over the phone. kara worked at a law office, naomi knew there had to be successful single men available there. someone who'd like her.

"if i do this for you, you have to promise that you'll be nice even if he's a jerk, these are men i work for." she said sternly and naomi knew she'd have to agree because kara was right.

"okay, i promise." she said and kara took a deep breath before giving in. naomi was ecstatic and grateful. it had taken a week for her sister to work her magic, but it was worth the wait. she patted down her sparkly outfit, it was a two piece as she stood in her mirror, she was nervous. usually, she was confident, but that clearly hadn't been working out for her in the past. naomi looked to the clock and knew it was time to get going. she patted her hair down and finally left out the door.

she walked into the restaurant and looked around, everyone was dressed in black and white, but her. she looked around nervously, why didn't her sister mention a dress code? she tried hard not to panic as she approached the host. "hi, uh, i'm here for uso?" she said politely and he nodded.

"yes ma'am right this way," he said leading her down a long corridor, there were many rooms, private rooms where people sat and ate. her palms grew sweaty as the man reached for the door knob. "enjoy your meal, miss." he said as he lead her into the room and walked away.

naomi took a deep breath as she finally was able to peel her eyes away from the floor. she looked up to see man approaching her. a smile took over her face once she saw him. he was beautiful, she thought to herself. "hi, i'm jimmy."

"naomi." she replied as he pulled her into a light hug. she returned the favour before they pulled away. he pulled her chair out for her making butterflies erupt in her stomach. "thanks."

"it's no problem." he said, sitting back down in front of her. "you look beautiful."

"thank you, so do you." she smiled making him blush. she looked into his eyes, his soft brown eyes and couldn't help, but smile. he gave her good vibes. "i thought, uh, i broke the dress code rule. everyone in here is wearing white and black."

"not me," he said gesturing to his dark blue button down. she laughed making him laugh.

"i mean, it's close."

"but it just doesn't count." he winked. she smiled, pushing her hair behind her ear. "so, what do you do?"

"oh, i own a real estate company." she said shyly and smiled with an impressed nod.

"thats amazing." he said as he took a sip of his wine. he was nervous. when kara told him she had a sister, she expected her to look like kara, but she looked nothing like her. maybe because kara was much older, but naomi had a smile that made him weak in the knees. "you know this, but i'm a lawyer at the same firm as your sister."

"yeah and i hear you're quite the closer." naomi said before her eyes went wide, she had not meant for it to sound dirty. "i mean in the court room, god." she grimaced making him laugh. she looked up once again to him already looking at her. "what?"

"nothing, you're just, different."

"different, good?"

"good, i promise." he said with a faint blush. truth was, jimmy fell in love once, hard. it didn't work out and he'd been searching ever since, but no date has made him feel as much as naomi has in these last 30 minutes.

"what're you gonna order?"

"i think a steak, i haven't eaten all day and they're pretty filling." he said before returning the question. "i don't know why i see you eating something with shrimp, like an alfredo or something."

"okay, did my sister tell you that?" she asked with a teasing smile. he shook his head in response. "well then, that's pretty scary because that's exactly what i'm going to have." she smiled to herself as the waiter came to take their order. "aren't you nervous? i'm so nervous right now." she blabbed out before she could think about it.

"of course, have you seen you?" he said letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding. she blushed before he retracted his words. "i uh, i didn't mean it like that. i just meant that you're a very attractive woman who just so happens to be exactly what i'm looking for and i don't wanna mess it up."

"don't worry, you're doing great." she said, giving his hand a squeeze. his heart skipped a beat when she came into contact with him, he knew this was it. jimmy was a hopeless romantic who believed in love at first sight and this was definitely love at first sight. their food finally arrived as they began to eat. "so, any siblings?"

"a twin actually."

"no kidding?"

"yeah, i'm younger by like a minute or so, but we're identical." he said and she smiled in response.

"two of you? now that just seems unfair." she laughed while he blushed. jimmy was happy with the way their evening was unfolding. the nerves were fading away.

"you got any siblings, other than kara of course."

"i've got quite a big family actually. me, kara and two other sisters and three brothers." she said and his eyes widened. "yeah i know. imagine that i'm the youngest of them all."

"save the best for last?" he shrugged with a chuckle. they finished up their food as they continued to talk. she liked him, he was very easy to talk to. "you wanna dance?"

"dance? there's no music."

"that doesn't answer my question, naomi." he said and she blushed. he said her name so lightly, like it was part of a song. she stood up and took his hands, actions were better than words most times. she stood close to him as his arms found her waist and hers found his neck. they swayed slowly in a comfortable silence as they managed to maintain eye contact.

"this is nice." she mumbled with glossy eyes. she felt like this was a dream, there's no way that a date with a complete stranger went this well. he hummed in response before leaning in. he was caught off guard when their lips met quicker than he imagined. naomi rose to her tip-toes, holding him close to her body.

"wow." he said as she pulled away. "i like a woman who goes for what she wants."

"good."

"so another date?" he smirked as they continued to sway softly to the rhythm of their own beat.

"plenty more dates, jimmy."

a/n okay this is like the last mushy love story one for a while, imma write some angst or something, dm me some ships if you want hehe