My eyes widened at the question. Great StarClan, that is not the question I was expecting! I guess it's time for a deep, intellectual mother-son talk! I joked to myself.

After I got over the shock of the question being asked, I began to think of the answer.

Breezepelt... I realized to myself. The cat I had fallen in love with from another Clan.

If I regretted anything I had chosen to do, it would be that very moment that I agreed to meet with Breezepelt when he asked me to. It had been so hard to say no, though, with that adorable smirk on his face and the exciting, mischievous look in his eyes.

I had began to feel intense remorse once I dealt with the consequences, such as being caught by Firestar, losing the trust of some of the cats I cared about, and having to negotiate dealing with a kit with parents in two different Clans.

I repeated my thoughts out to Swiftkit, "As much as I wish it wasn't the case," I began, "It would have to be when I decided to start meeting with your father."

I could tell this caught Swiftkit's attention, as he let out an almost inaudible gasp before looking up at me.

"Because he was from another Clan?" Swiftkit asked, tilting his head.

I nodded slowly. "I have to admit, actually being with Breezepelt didn't make me feel badly at all," I continued. "It was the consequences after that made me realize how wrong it all was."

Swiftkit's eyes widened when I said this. "Really?" he asked, his voice shaking slightly.

What's his deal? I wondered.

"Yes," I murmured, not giving much thought to his strong reaction to what I had said. "Now I realize how naive and stupid I was, obviously. But..." I then looked down at Swiftkit, overwhelmed with love.

"But," I repeated, "But if I hadn't made those choices, you wouldn't be here with me, would you?"

A slight smile emerged on Swiftkit's face, and suddenly his fearful eyes seemed to suddenly fill with relief and love. He dug his head into my flank as he meowed, "That's true."

I licked Swiftkit's head before meowing, "So, I guess my point is, it is hard to find a choice you would truly want to undo, because your mistakes form who you are, and those dark times and mistakes always bring a bit of light later on."

I turned away from Swiftkit for a heartbeat and smirked to myself. I don't think I'm doing too badly at this! I realized.

I looked back to Swiftkit to see him looking incredibly thoughtful, nodding his head slowly.

"I see," he finally said. "Making mistakes forms who you are, and sometimes positive things can come out of them."

I nodded, but simultaneously letting out a purr of amusement. "But that doesn't mean that you go out looking for trouble!" I commented, flicking Swiftkit's ear with my tail.

Swiftkit snorted and also let out a small purr of amusement. "Right, right," he muttered, smiling as he turned his head to look back outside at the pouring rain.

I suddenly remembered the conversation I had had with Breezepelt at the gathering, and what he had told me to do. "By the way, I spoke to your father when I went to the gathering," I murmured as Swiftkit turned his head back to me.

"He says hi," I meowed, winking at my son.

Swiftkit's eyes widened, wider than I had ever seen them. "Wow... really?" he exclaimed. He then looked like he wanted to say more, but he cut himself off, and simply said again, "Wow!"