Chapter 18

Their Game

Chapter 18

Everyone sits around the table chattering, laughing and eating breakfast which consists of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, potato bread, French toast and a glass of orange juice or in Carver’s case a steaming mug of coffee.

I’ve told Angelica about Tiffany and she was horrified but not shocked- she also told me that this is what she was trying to tell me that day in the bathroom.  Apparently Carver was dating Tiffany before the “accident” and he has every intention of making her his wife (their wedding was meant to be a contract of the gangs joining forces) but after the “accident” Tiffany was badly injured and was unable to have children.

Angelica told me that Tiffany loved Carver and she changed after the accident. Carver wouldn’t let Tiffany leave him and get the help that she so badly needed, he kept her locked up and visited her on a regular basis but then I came along and Carver spent more time with me. Tiffany is jealous of me because I can do the one thing that she can’t do- give Carver a son.

Angelica is about to tell me something when Frank pulls her onto his lap and kisses her head. I squeal when Carver does the same to me and squirm on his lap.

“Little one breakfast is for eating not playing” he holds a forkful of eggs to my lips. I shake my head because I’m just too full, after last night food is the last thing on my mind.

“Little one you need to eat”

I shake my head and stare down at the untouched plate of food.

“Little one if you don’t eat......I’ll have Seth put you on a drip”

I look up at Seth who’s wearing his signature smirk. I panic and take the fork from Carver shovelling mouthful after mouthful into my mouth. The whole gang laughs at me but I ignore them, I don’t want to spend even one second with doctor horror.

“Good girl” Carver rubs my back in circular motions encouraging me. I feel sick, like I could vomit all over the table and ruin everyone’s breakfast but I ignore everything and keep eating.

The doorbell sounds throughout the kitchen; Cruz sets Bridget down and walks out of the kitchen to get the door. The doorbell keeps going off and Cruz stomps angrily out into the foyer.

“Alright I’m coming hold your horses!”

I finish my breakfast and swallow down my glass of orange juice trying to get rid of the burning pain in my stomach.

“Good girl you need your energy little one” I grab my plate and ask if he’s finished with his and then begin washing them, when everything has been neatly put away I take my place on Carver’s knee.

Cruz comes back in with a young short blonde haired girl with piercing green eyes.

“Clement, to what do I owe the honour?” Carver asks.

“Hello Carver....I’m actually here to see Mitch”

“What do you want clammy?” Mitch asks.

“I...uh...is your offer still up for grabs?”

“I’ll ask again clammy what do you want?”

“My sisters new husband kicked me out....I have nowhere to go”

“So you came here after humiliating me in front of the entire office and thought you’d come here grovelling for the chance to become my girlfriend?”

“Uh yeah?”

“No”

“No?”

“That’s right no”

“But you’re the one who offered”

“And you turned my offer down. Now we make a new deal..... you want a place to live, food to eat and somewhere to wash?”

“Yes”

“Then it’s simple you become my wife”

“But......”

“There’s no buts....you humiliated me now I’m going to do the same, you become my wife then tomorrow everyone in the office will laugh and I’ll tell them you couldn’t resist my good looks...what do you say?”

“We’ve only had one date.....and you’re an arrogant ass”

“Well I’m not the one begging you to take me back....you have 5 minutes to decide after that my offer has expired”

“Okay...It’s not like I have a choice”

Mitch is handed a piece of paper and he hands it to Clement.

“Say your vows baby”

“I Clement take you Mitch....”

“Mitchell” he says sternly interrupting her.

“Take you Mitchell to be my wedded husband to obey and honour at all times. I give you my......wait there’s no way I’m giving you my body Mitch!”

“You will. Keep reading”

“I pledge my loyalty to you and promise to always be faithful to you. I pledge....there’s no way......HELL WOULD HAVE TO FREEZE OVER BEFORE I GIVE YOU ANY CHILDREN!”

Mitch doesn’t say anything he just stands there looking smug.

“If I don’t uphold any of these or betray you it will be punished through my blood. I’m now your wife and it’s my mission in life to please you. I do.”

“Finally!” Mitch pulls Clement to him and kisses her with brutal force.

“You’re mine now Clement and there’s not a damn thing anyone can do about it!”

 --------------------------------------------------------------------

the results are in and the winners are Octtavia and Maddox

there will be no updates until the new year

so have a great Christmas

xxxxxxxxx