"I swear I've never seen it this crowded."

"It's the holidays." I stated.

"Yeah, that must be it. You ready to go inside?" Niall took my hand in his.

"Yep, let's go."

"Try to keep your head down, and it's a good thing you're wearing a beanie." He chuckled. He had mocked my outfit earlier in the day, telling me I reminded him of Harry in his early X factor days, but I was glad I was wearing it. Not only had it prevented me from freezing to death in the cold January weather, but now it was also going to help me hide myself and disguise myself a little in the airport. 

"And it's a good thing you're wearing a snapback."

"I always come prepared." Niall winked at me before we went through the doors. "Let's try to make this as fast as we can and get to the lounge as soon as possible."

Yes please." Was all I managed to say. And I must say, luck wasn't on our side this evening, even though Niall was wearing a snapback, as soon as we got to the check in desk, people around us started pointing in our direction and whispering. Niall acted as if he didn't sense them or hear them, maybe it was an ability he had gained when he became a celebrity, but I didn't have it, and I was very aware of our surroundings.

"Niall." I tugged his sweater.

"What is it babe?" 

"People are staring. And I swear I've seen at least 5 girls whip out their phones and take pictures."

"Ignore them Soph, there's nothing we can do. Just try to hide your face as much as you can if you don't want people to photograph your face."

"Okay, okay." 

"Yeah, we can't cause a scene. Don't want to get arrested like Louis." He laughed, making me laugh and calming me down a bit.

"I remember that."

"Here you go." The man behind the counter handed us our tickets. Niall and I tried to keep our heads down, and I made sure we weren't holding hands or anything in case people took or pictures as we attempted to get to the security line. But of course, we were stopped before we even took 10 steps.

"Niall, Niall, can we take a picture with you?" Two teenagers asked.

"Sure." Niall smiled at them, always so polite. I stepped to the side and let the girls take their pictures with Niall. After they were content with the outcome, they left, without even asking about me, phew. "Let's get going Soph." Niall spoke, but yet again, we were stopped, this time it was 5 girls. And then people started noticing and a minute later, Niall was surrounded by about 30 people, all wanting to take pictures with him. I just stayed to the side, not really knowing what to do, since we had never been in this situation before.

"You're with him?" A girl's question suddenly startled me.

"What?" I asked as I turned to face her, still a bit taken aback.

"Are you traveling with Niall?" She asked again.

"Oh, oh. Yeah, we're traveling together."

"Are you together?" She inquired, trying to get information out of me.

"We're friends, just traveling together." Niall and I had a plan to announce our relationship to the public and I wasn't going to ruin it by telling a girl who was probably going to tweet about it and then the whole world would find out before we even landed in London.

"Oh okay." She spoke.

"Have you already taken a picture with him?" I asked her.

"No, not yet. I'll go and ask for one." She stated with a smile on her face.

"Sure." I told her before she took off. I turned to look back at Niall and now those 30 people had turned into 50, holy shit. Thankfully a security guard noticed and made his way towards Niall, to help him and help control the fans, calling a few other guards in the process so that they could come and help too. Even if Niall wanted to take a picture with all of them, there was no way he could do it and still be in time for our flight.

"Guys, guys. I have to leave." Niall started speaking in a loud voice so everyone could hear him. 

"No, please." Almost everyone whined.

"I'll miss my flight." He kept on saying."I'm really sorry. Thank you for all of your support." One guard helped him make his way through the crowd before they reached me, the fans staying back, contained by the other guards. "She's with me." Niall told the guard before he escorted us to the security line.

"Wow." I exclaimed as soon as we were safely in line.

"I know. I swear it's never happened before, at least not in Ireland. Sorry"

"There's nothing to apologize for baby." I reassured him as he smiled at me.

"Glad that the guards could control the fans."

"Yeah, I know."

After going through the security line, we walked as fast as we could towards the private lounge, we still had about 30 minutes until we needed to board, and we planned on hiding here, we weren't taking any chances. Niall was claustrophobic, just like me, and he hated getting mobbed, so we're hiding here until our flight is called.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you so much for all the love you're giving my story! It means a lot to me, Sorry I updated a bit later today, I had a very busy day. Can't believe the story is almost at 80,000 reads! I never expected it to have this many reads, wow.  For all the new readers, I update daily! How are you enjoying the story so far? If you have any suggestion about something you'd like me to include be sure to leave it in the comments! I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr