She tried to hurry, putting on the first pair of pants she found and then freaking out once she realized that Yeji was now awake. And downstairs with her sister who had just woken her up. Imagine her shock though when she expected to find out that Yeji had been yelling at Yuna and instead received a text saying Yeji was cooking. First of all, Yeji knew how to cook? And second, how did Yuna receive such treatment? And why?

Ryujin rushed downstairs, wanting to see this with her own eyes. It had to be a lie, right? There's no way in hell that Hwang Yeji got woken up early in the morning and still offered to cook for Yuna.

What a joke.

She chuckled to herself as she made her way downstairs, not believing how she had fallen for her sister's obvious lie.

And yet, no screaming could be heard. Strange.

Oh.

It wasn't a lie.

Yeji was up, with her hair in a messy ponytail, weirdly normal clothes and glasses. She needed glasses? Ryujin didn't know that. It somehow made her look more normal. More warm, if that's even a thing. This whole look of hers, the messy hair, comfortable clothing and glasses was so far her favorite. It's almost like the complete opposite of the typical cold Yeji she was now used to see.

"Are you going to continue staring?" Yeji questioned, raising her eyebrows at her.

Had she been staring for long? Honestly, she had frozen at the sight and was hardly aware of what was happening, let alone how long it had been.

"Excuse my sister. She was probably dropped at birth." Yuna offered, waving her hand in dismissal in her direction.

Yeji didn't smile but she didn't look... cold? Was it her appearance at the moment that made it seem like that or was waking her up early by being noisy a good tactic to deal with a less cold Yeji?

She didn't say anything, not really sure if she was having a weird dream or had woken up in some alternative reality. Moving quietly to the kitchen, she stood next to Yeji, still staring at her curiously.

"You're furrowing your eyebrows like it's your job." Yeji pointed out in her signature monotone voice. Moving to get the eggs. Yuna looked between the both of them with her head rested on her hands, a playful smile on her face. Earning herself a side eye glance from Ryujin.

Ryujin huffed, trying to relax her expression. This whole thing was still really weird and she would be trying to dissect it later on. For now, she wanted to help with breakfast because she isn't entirely sure that Yeji wouldn't be giving them food poisoning on purpose.

"What should I do?" She offered, washing her hands while waiting for instructions.

They cooked together. Surprisingly without anything bad happening. Although, she discovered that Yeji wasn't the best at making eggs. So Ryujin took over that department. Yuna quietly seeing them cook while occasionally saying she's hungry or mentioning how they looked like a real couple. Both of them dismissing that immediately and avoiding each other's gaze.

Yuna happily ate their food, smiling while doing so. With Yeji and Ryujin sitting next to each other while doing the same. It wasn't as tense as before but Ryujin thought it might be due to Yuna's presence.

"How did you get here anyways? You don't have a car." She asked curiously.

Yuna shrugged, "Subway and then a taxi. It didn't take as long as I thought it would."

She hummed. "I should drive you back."

"You don't have a car." Yeji pointed out.

"Oh. Right." Ryujin pursed her lips while Yuna started arguing that she would be perfectly fine using public transportation to go back.

"The car keys are at the entrance. Don't scratch it." Yeji offered, focused on her food.

Leaving both Ryujin and Yuna surprised by the proposition. "I don't know. It's your car I-"

"Don't make me regret offering."

Ryujin only nodded, noticing how big Yuna's smile was in that moment.

"Ah, this is good, Yeji unnie!" Yuna exclaimed happily.

She scoffed. Ryujin had saved the whole meal anyways but whatever. Yeji could get the credit this one time. If not only cause she was actually being a decent person.

Yeji only nodded, glancing at Yuna before looking back down at her food.

"How come you let her inside and cooked for her?"

The older girl shrugged, "I was already going to come make myself breakfast."

"You never make breakfast for me." Ryujin muttered under her breath, slightly pouty as she spoke. Playing with the fork and the food on her plate.

"Contrary to your belief, I was raised to be polite. Your sister is a guest therefore I am being a decent host."

Ryujin rolled her eyes. She should be happy that Yeji wasn't being rude towards Yuna but part of her was slightly jealous. Because Yeji wasn't polite to her. At all.

"Yeah, shut it. Don't be all grumpy and ruin the mood." Yuna stuck out her tongue at her, followed by a smile at Yeji.

"Yeji unnie, how come you didn't have someone before my ugly sister was forced onto you?"

Yeji nearly chocked in her food, coughing a few too many times before nearly chugging all of her orange juice. Clearly thrown off by Yuna's sudden question.

And so was Ryujin who had to use all her control not to spit out her juice. "Yuna!" She yelled out, smiling awkwardly at Yeji who was trying her best to compose herself.

"Sorry about my extremely nosy sister who is definitely leaving right this second. Let's go." She moved to the other side of the table, starting to push Yuna towards the door as her younger sister protested against it. Yeji only staring as they walked away from her view.

Ryujin took her sister to school, having to endure a full ride of questions and yelling out song lyrics that were playing on the radio. How did she have so much energy at 9am?

"You think she's cute, don't you?" Her sister asked, wiggling her brows with her wide smile in full display.

Ryujin grunted, hating the question and what it implied.

Yes, Yeji was extremely attractive but how would she explain that despite that fact, she wasn't attracted to her. Honestly, her personality just ruined everything the outside worked so hard to achieve.

Yes, she had the looks that would normally make Ryujin not hesitate to hit on her. But she had the personality of a wall, on a good day. So what could she do?

"Why are you asking me that?"

Yuna shrugged, looking at the road ahead. "I saw you staring."

"Because she looked different today."

Yuna thought it over for a second before speaking again. "A good different?"

Yeah.

Ryujin nodded.

"Do you like different?"

She sighed. "It's not that simple, Yuna. She was different right now, for a few minutes on an odd day. Once I get back she will likely be back to her normal cold, distant and empty self. There's nothing to like about that."

"Damn." Yuna muttered. "I was just trying to tease you, but okay."

"Let's not talk about her or my marriage, please."

"Sorry."

"It's okay. Now tell me about school."