Chapter five- Scaredy Dance

Start from the beginning

     So. In this episode, Nicky decides to no take a date and dance with all the girls. Yeah, no. That's not happening in this story.

     "You're not the only one with two thumbs who's asking someone to the dance." Ricky said. He pointed to himself with his to thumbs.

     "Really? Who else?" Dicky asked.

     "This guy!" Nicky (Yes Nicky, not Ricky.) pointed to himself with his two thumbs.

     Olivia panicked on the inside. What? Who's he asking?

     Dawn glanced at Olivia. She had a feeling Nicky was talking about her, but still, she did not want to see her best friend hurt.

     "No." Ricky said. "This guy." He pointed to himself.

     "Hey, look at us. Three this guys." Dicky said.

     Dawn stood up. "You guys are making me gaggle." She said, then walked away.

     Olivia decided to stay with the boys. "So, who are you guys taking to the dance?"

     "It's a surprise!" The three said at once.

     "Oh?" She wriggled her eyebrows at them, even though she desperately wanted to know who Nicky was taking.

     All of a sudden, Dawn ran over. "Ollie!"

     Olivia stood up. "What's up?"

     "We have a problem."

     "What is it?" Olivia asked concernedly.

     "Mack asked me to the dance." Dawn whispered.

     At first, Olivia smiled, but then she remembered how Dawn danced, and then her face fell again. "Oh no."

     "What am I gonna do?"

     Olivia put a hand on her shoulder. "We'll figure something out."

     The next day, Olivia, Dawn, and Mae were helping to decorate the dance.

     "What's wrong?" Mae asked Dawn.

     "Nothing. Why?"

     "Dawn." Olivia said. "When something's bothering you, you make origami animals."

     "That is not true." Dawn said.

     Mae lifted up an origami swan.

     "Okay, a little true."

     "Dawn." Olivia gestured to the table that was full of origami animals.

     "All right, a lot true!"

     "So what is it?" Mae asked.

     Olivia debated telling Mae, but decided it was for Dawn to tell.

     "I just can't tell you here." Dawn said. "Come on."

     The three girls ran behind the curtain.

     "Mack asked me if I would save him a dance. I like Mack, and I really wanna dance with him, but... I can't dance."

     "How bad can you be?" Mae asked. "Show me."

     "Okay. But after you see what you're about to see, promise we'll still be friends?" Dawn asked.

     Mae nodded, and Dawn began to dance.

     Olivia cringed as she danced, while Mae commented.

     "Oh, my. What is happening? How does your leg do that? Why does your leg do that? Stop your leg from doing that!"