Lone Gunman - V

"It look's like blueprints," Miss Felicity stated as she went into the laptop's files.

"Do you know what of?" Papa asked, looking at eh prints.

"The exchange building," she told him. I looked around the office to see if there is anything I can do. A kid around my age came up to me. He had brown almost black hair and hazel eyes.

"Hi. I'm Malachi. What's your name," he introduced as he held out his hand. I stared at his hand, not knowing what to do with it. "You shake it. Like this," he said while taking my arm to his and shaking it. "What's your name?"

I held up one finger as I ran back to Papa and grabbed my notepad and paper from my bag.

"I'm Lizzy," I wrote on the pad then showed him in messy handwriting.

"Nice to meet you, Lizzy. What do you like to do?" he asked me with a smile. I smiled back.

"I like to play cards," I wrote down.

"Cards? Like Go Fish?" he asked with a questioning face. I nodded and my smile grew.

"But I play card games like War and Speed with my Papa," I wrote down, taking a minute to think of the card game names.

"I haven't heard of those. But they sound fun. Where do you go to school? I'm homeschooled. That's why I'm here with my dad," he told me. I shrugged.

"I don't go to school," I told him.

"Really? Not even homeschooled?" he was astounded. I shrugged again. I took his hand and started pulling him towards where Papa and Miss Felicity are. "Why are we going over here? Why is Oliver Queen here? Uh, hello."

"Hi," Papa said as he was getting up.

"Papa, this is Malachi. He's my new friend," I told him in Russian.

"Your new friend?" Papa said, looking at Malachi.

"Hi. I'm Malachi Stone, Mr. Queen," Malachi introduced. "My mom talks about when she sees you on the news."

"Can he come over?" I pleaded. He was my first friend.

"We'll see. But we have to go. Come on," he told me. I pouted and waved goodbye to Malachi and Miss Felicity.

"You know what, Liz? You can go to Malachi Stone's house. I did a background check, you should be fine. They also live close to the cave. I will come to get you when it's time," Papa tells me. "I have to go to an auction but I should be back soon. I promise, okay? Now go get your stuff."
I nodded happily as I grabbed my bag and put my doll, cards, and an emergency phone in there with extra clothes. Papa normally puts my bag together, I just put my doll and cards in there.

"Come on, sweetheart. Mister Dig is waiting for us," Papa comes in and tells me. I nod and run to Papa, taking his hand.

"Hi, I'm Oliver Queen. I called you earlier about my daughter coming over to play," Papa tells Mrs. Stone. The plump woman smiled as she recognized his name.

"Ah, welcome, welcome. Let me just call Malachi," she said as she opened the door to let them in.

"Thank you for watching her. I can pick her up when the auction is over. It should be a few hours. Again, thank you," Papa tells her. He crouched down to my height, "you know where the base is. If there's any trouble you can always go there and call me, alright? Love you, little assassin."

"I love you, Papa," I tell him in Russian. Then Papa realized something.

"She speaks Russian, she is still learning English. She knows it but she stutters and it's hard to make out some words. Do you know sign?" Papa asked her, just to be sure. "At least understand it?"

"No, I'm sorry," she apologizes. Papa shook his head.

"No problem, she has a notepad in her bag she uses fo people can understand her. Thank you. Now I have to go," Papa said, giving me one last hug and turning to leave. I wave bye and turn to go inside.

"Lizzy," Malachi said as he ran to the living room. It was spacy and had things scattered everywhere. In some pictures, there were about 5 boys, all older than him.

I waved as he came and grabbed my wrist, pulling me to his room.

In his room, there were race car posters everywhere. His bed in the corner had race car sheets and blanket. His shelf next to the window had cars and books. He has Hot Wheels setups on the floor with a Hot Wheel's race car rug on the hardwood floor, and he had Cars the movie playing on his TV across from his bed next to his closet.

"You like cars," I wrote on my notepad. I liked cars too, ever since I saw the movie Herbie: Fully Loaded while waiting for Papa as he came back from a meeting.

"Yeah. But they're awesome!" he said as he threw his hands in the air. I looked to the picture on his shelf. It was a man who looked a little like Malachi. He was sitting on people's shoulders as confetti. Came down. He looked happy. "That's Carter. He's my brother. He's a race car driver. He died a couple years ago in a car crash."

"I'm sorry," I signed, not knowing if he could understand it. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I was five, I don't remember much of him though. I've seen some of his races before. Wanna see? My mom has them on video," he said excitedly. I smiled and nodded. 

I looked at the clock and it was close to the time Papa should come pick me up. We just finished eating mac'n'cheese and watching Scooby-Doo on their TV in the living room.

I looked to the door, waiting for Papa. Malachi was almost asleep while watching the TV show. A knock at the door came sounding out. Mrs. Stone answered it, inviting them in.

"Mr. Queen, welcome, welcome. Lizzy was a sweetheart," Mrs. Stone praises.

"Ah yes. So I've been told. Thank you, uh, how much was it?" Papa said while pulling out his wallet. She looked a little flustered.

"Oh, no payment needed. She was an angel. I hope she can come back again. Have a good night, Mister Queen. Goodbye, Lizzy," Mrs. Stone tells me and Papa as I come up to them. I wave goodbye as I Papa picks me up. I lay my head on his shoulder and fall asleep as we walk towards the cave. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, Bella here! 

So how do you like Malachi? 

Sorry for not posting last week, it was my last week of school and I was catching up on last-minute work. But now I am free from work and stuff to write. 

Have a good time where ever you are!!

Peace out ~ Bella!