Friends with Chocolate (And Alcohol)

Start from the beginning

On the other side of the threshold stood Rebekah Mikaelson in all of her picturesque glory as she shifted nervously on her feet with a shy smile on her lips and Imogen blinked once in surprise as she relaxed her stance at the sight of the Original sister.

"Rebekah. Hi." Imogen greeted her friend warmly with a bright smile as she slackened her hold on the magical energy filling her stomach and she noticed Rebekah licked her lips in an uncharacteristic show of anxiety.

Rebekah took a deep breath to calm her shaky nerves as she took in Imogen's outfit of comfortable tracksuit pants, a Tulane university t-shirt that was two sizes too big for her so that it hung off one of her shoulders with no shoes on her feet and she marvelled at how gorgeous the young brunette witch looked even when she was dressed so casually. It really wasn't a wondered that Elijah and Marcel both seemed so transfixed on the blue eyes beauty standing in front of her because Rebekah had learned in her short time in New Orleans that Imogen was as beautiful inside as she was breathtaking outside.

"Hello, Imogen. I know you witches love your privacy, so I won't insult your intelligence by asking you to inviting me inside." Rebekah said in amusement as she quirked a pale eyebrow at the witch with a small smirk on her lips and Imogen chuckled softly as she ducked her head slightly before looking back at her friend.

"You can come in, Rebekah. I'm a power witch. I can just reinforce the entry spell later if I ever need to." The young brunette said nonchalantly as she waved a hand in the air dismissively with a subtle roll of her eyes and she turned on her heel as she pushed the door open wider in a silent invitation for Rebekah to follow her into the apartment.

The Original hesitated in the doorway for a moment as she bit her lip to stop a smile from spreading across her lips because it had been a while since someone had trusted her so easily and it made her feel slightly undeserving that Imogen had faith in her after only knowing her for a few weeks. Rebekah slowly walked into the apartment after a moment of tentativeness as she looked around at her surroundings and she had to admit that the decorations were exactly to Imogen's personality.

"You don't have any photographs!" Rebekah called out over her shoulder to her friend as she wondering over to the bookshelf to the side of the room and she tilted her head to the side as she studied some of the titles with an impressed purse of her lips.

"Yeah. I guess I don't have anyone I love enough that I want to see their face every time I walk into a room. Well except for Davina, but I can't have photos of her in case the witches find out where I live. It's too easy to use them for a locator spell. I mean, Davina has two different concealment spells on her but better safe than sorry." Imogen called out from the kitchen as Rebekah plucked a worn copy of Lolita off of the shelf and she hummed to herself as she skimmed over the blurb on the back of the novel.

"What about your parents?"

"My parents were callous, unfeeling bastards and I'm better off without them in my life." She responded calmly in a slightly surprised voice as though she was shocked Rebekah didn't already know the answer and the blonde glanced over her shoulder in surprise as she blinked once to clear her flabbergasted expression from her pretty face.

"Something we have in common." Rebekah remarked idly with a small trace of bitterness in her voice as she cleared her throat gently and she ignored the feeling abandonment that swelled in the pit of her stomach.

For a thousand years, she had thought had her mother had been killed at the hand of her brutal father and it wasn't until recently that the truth had come to light about Esther's death. It was thanks to the Mystic Falls 'Scooby Doo gang' spearheaded by the dull as dishwater doppelgänger Elena Gilbert that Rebekah had discovered the reality that Niklaus had been the one to kill their mother and not Mikael as she had been led to believe by the Original Hybrid.