"Yeah just give me a sec." I replied and put my school bag over my shoulder and collected my crutches and started wobbling out of the car.

'The doctor told me I would only have them for a few more days, I wonder how I will survive!'

"Another thing, since you left, Tiffany has been taking queen bee spot, so you’re going to have to show her whose boss." Steph said and gave me a slight nudge.

I just rolled my eyes.

"And finally, Tiffany has been trying to get 'close' to Nathaniel." When Stephanie said close, she did speech marks in the air.

"Hell no!" I said and waved one of my crutches around. "He's taken."

"By who?" John asked cluelessly.

Stephanie slapped him over the head lightly. "You baboon, her." She said and winked at me.

"It's unofficial, but he told me he loved me yesterday afternoon."

"Ohhh love is in the air!" Steph sung. "So did you say it back?"

"Maybe..." I said and left her hanging. "But I'm not completely sure he is my mate."

When I walked past everyone stared at me. People gave me looks of sympathy and looks of sorrow. I looked back at them and they looked away faster than you could flinch and they went back to their conversations with their friends and doing whatever it was they were doing.

The school did look emptier than normal, especially the back oval. It was almost deserted, with the few people walking around, but no one was in wolf form.

"I forgot to mention, for our safety no one is allowed to shift on school premises until further notice." Steph said adding it to the list of things to let me know about.

The bell rang for homeroom and we went to our classes. John went to his homeroom and Steph and I went to ours. This was one of the only classes I was with her.

We took out seats and as we sat down I saw Tiffany walked into class and over her shoulder she glared at me. I glared back with a smile on my face.

"Look at what the cat dragged in." Steph said making me laugh just to piss Tiffany off.

~

When the bell rang for recess, I was cheering. I packed up my things quickly and crutched my way out of the classroom.

Steph caught up with me and we stuffed our books in her locker and started to head towards the oval when we heard Tiffany's high-pitched damn voice ringing down the hallway. We spun around and we saw she had barricaded Nathaniel against his locker while he was putting his books away. She was flirting with him.

"So what are you doing later?" She asked whilst twirling a piece of her hair.

"Nothing." He said and avoided her gaze.

"Do you want to go see a movie?" She said with a little giggle. Out of the corner of her eyes she looked over to Stephanie and I to make sure we were watching then she placed her hand on his shoulder like she owned him.

All of a sudden I had a lot of anger, which came to surface. I lifted one of the crutches and used it to slam the locker door in Tiffany's face. The look she gave me was priceless but I didn't stop there.

"Get your gritty claws off of him!" I yelled at her.

"Why should I?" She said and pushed my crutch to the floor and made me fall a little, since I was still holding it.

"Because I'm taken." Nathaniel said brushing Tiffany's hand off his shoulder.

"By WHO?!" Tiffany, Steph and I all said in sync.  My anger quickly went just as it had come.