DISAPPROVALS ❀ DAISUKE X READER*

[ mature content - read at your own risk

requested by @pheia_]

The beaming stars radiated light into the dark office room while casting a shadow of the young female that stood overlooking the enormous window. Her eyes were fixated on the night sky before retracting slightly at the presence of a man behind her. Turning her head around, she exchanged a quick look at the man in a crisp suit. "Enjoying the view?" the woman asked in a playful tone, letting out a small giggle.

"If I must say so myself, then absolutely, darling," the man responded, inching closer to the female. From behind, he carefully wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face against her right shoulder. The couple stood in front of the closed balcony in that position for several minutes in complete silence— loosening the tension around their recent argument yet again. She was still mad at him for the way he handled things with his parents, but there was no way that she could ever keep herself away from the man she loved and cared for. "I'm really sorry, y/n."

Y/n shrugged in place, releasing his arms from her waist. She walked over to the black swivel chair from his desk, sighing. Her fingers traced over the documents in the manila folders for a brief second before raising her head up to gaze at the detective. "I understand where your parents are coming from whenever they bring me up on the plate, but I don't understand why they hold such a grudge against me," she mumbled, running a hand through her silky hair. "I can't believe that you're engaged. Why didn't you tell me? Are you embarrassed of me?"

Daisuke lowered his eyes to the ground, shaking his head. The detective took the long coat he wore and threw it against a white sofa, kneeling down to meet her eye level. Reaching for her hand, he ran circles on the top portion of her skin. "I'll admit it a million times if I have to, but I love you. I wanted to wait a while before I brought the sudden engagement up to your attention. It was never my idea, I swear. My parents have always been the type to set me up with women my age, but never did I think that they would go this far."

She should have expected this. As much as she hated to admit this to herself, she knew that she would never meet the expectations his parents had for the perfect wife of the billionaire heir. Beautiful, rich, elegant, and classy. Y/n slouched further into her seat, fluttering her eyes on her lover as he looked at her for reassurance that everything was going to be okay. Well, things were definitely not okay. Biting back a frustrated scream, the woman crossed her arms, allowing a single teardrop to run down her cheek. "I'm going home," she muttered, refusing to meet his blue eyes.

Y/n lifted herself from the chair, picking her purse up from the coat rack in the corner of his office room. She wiped the tear away, buttoning her raincoat as quickly as possible. Daisuke watched his beloved lover prepare herself for her exit from his mansion home with a sad expression written across his face. "Y/n, I'm sorry. I can take you back to your apartment complex," he offered, searching for his car key through a cabinet. "Just give me a quick second."

"No," she uttered in a soft voice, gripping onto her purse. The man with the slick-back hair stopped in his tracks, glancing at y/n as she began to walk out of the room. The detective jogged after his lover, gripping onto her shoulder. "I've got it covered. One of my friends should be outside waiting for me. I would really appreciate it if you let me go. I wouldn't want to worry him at this hour."

In defeat, Daisuke let go of his grip at the mention of her friend. Another male. A possible suitor. Y/n choked back a sob as she felt him release. Running in her rain boots, she made it as far as inside of a battered Toyota vehicle. From the corner of her eyes, she swore she caught a glimpse of the detective with pleading eyes as the brunette drove away with the car radio on. Lifting her hoodie up, the young woman began to let out small whimpers. "I-I didn't know he could be that complicated."