『C H A P T E R 7 : MEMORIES 』

Start from the beginning

And then, she moved on to the eyes.

While she was busy getting the two eyes to be aligned, the horse suddenly perked up its ears and craned its neck. She didn't thought its action to be any important, and continued drawing from her memory of seeing its eyes. But when her ears heard footsteps and rustling grasses, and nose caught a whiff scent, she finally noticed someone was approaching from behind. 

She brought her sketchbook closer to her chest, and slightly turned to her back, at the same time the person put a pause to their steps.

Her eyes were greeted by a feature of a man, who has blonde hair, in an undercut style, that kept neatly parted on the left side. His icy blue eyes are noticeably looking at her calculatingly, and he somehow had the commanding presence lingered around. He is dressed in the standard military uniform, donning what Ireen acknowledged as Survey Corp's badge on his left chest, with the top button of his white shirt left unbuttoned. His built is obviously solid and well-defined under that sheet of white after years of training under military.

But most importantly, his thick and bushy eyebrows are the most distinct feature that stole Ireen's gaze for more than ten second, the longest that she ever spent gazing on certain body part.

"Hey, kid, what are you doing there?" His manly voice entered Ireen's ears as the girl snapped back to reality.

"Nothing... Just drawing... Is this your horse sir?" She cocked her head slightly.

"It is... I left it here to meet with some acquaintance for a while." Erwin's heavy footstep continued moving forward as he extended his hand to the horse, petting it. "Were you drawing him?"

....

"Him??" Ireen questioned in wonder.

"Yes. This stallion is a male. So I called he him." He smiled gently and the horse neighed in agreement.

Ireen nodded her head as the answer to the previous question, and she watched carefully when the guy crouched in front of her out of sudden.

"May I take a look at your drawing?" Erwin, again, offered her a kind smile. His eyes shone brightly under the sun that currently a bit to the west, and Ireen was mesmerized by the beauty of his eyes, that she even blushed slightly at the sight.

"I-its not really that pretty..." Ireen declined as she pressed the book closer to her chest.

Erwin hummed in understanding, yet he was not the one to give up easily. So he continued persuading her. Until the girl felt so uncomfortable and started growling.

Ireen gave an annoying glare as she whispered, "sir, I could put you charged for being pedophile with me, if you won't stop bugging....", sternly. And Erwin was taken aback as he let out an airy chuckle, before  lifting his arms up in surrender.

"Alright.. I won't bug you anymore." He stood and got ready to leave, and Ireen's face contorted into a hard expression as her mind had a little war. She had something that pique her interest, and seeing she got the chance to speak to one of the soldiers, she shouldn't waste this chance. When else she would have one, right?  

So her little fingers found it ways to his boot, as she tugged at it lightly to gain his attention back. Erwin looked down, cocking an eyebrow in question as Ireen's shoulder tensed from the gaze.

"C-could you spare some time with me? I have something...to ask..." Ireen spoke as her eyes diverted to somewhere else. Her previous determined large green orbs now seemed hesitate, with a little hint of fear.

She didn't know why, but this guy... Seems like his aura quite intimidating and she was just a little girl that could be easily abducted and crushed. And the fact that he was 10 times bigger than her...