『C H A P T E R 7 : MEMORIES 』

Start from the beginning

She didn't mind that, as long as when the person come to take the horse back didn't bother her afterwards. 

Ireen's gaze fell to the horse once again.

It has long slender legs, so muscular with deep torso build. Its long thick neck stretched as it grazed on the short grasses below. Its long dark tails flapped around occasionally, and its healthy mane - in the same shade - that grew from the top of the neck reaching to the withers will lightly flutter under the breeze of the wind.

Despite the mane being course and thick, it looked well care off, perfectly trimmed and thinned, and if anything, a little bit glossy when shone under the sun. The owner must loved and cared it so much.

Ireen's gaze fell back on her sketchbook, as her fingers gently stroking here and there to complete the art.

So gracious and beautiful.... Didn't make noise despite being away from its owner, and politely eating without bothering me here... She silently thought.

Ireen pencil's lead accidentally snapped while drawing. And she pursed her lips as she took out a knife and sharpened it.

Occasionally, her eyes drifted back and forth to the horse.

It might not be pure white horses that glorified by many people, like what described in a common fairy tale and prince and princess story book, because it is actually in light gray-shade, but it still hold the elegance of a pure white horses. Ireen brought the pencil to her eye level before blowing the remaining carbon dust from the tip as she silently sizing and eyeing the horse.

As if sensing her longer stare, the horse suddenly lifted its delicate head, and whinnied at her across the field as a sign of greeting and acknowledging her presence there, with its tail lightly flapping.

Ireen's eyes widened slightly as her lips curled upwards.

I think I like that horse.....

- - -

"Ireen~~ Are you home?" A teal-eyed boy knocked on the wooden's door repetitively while calling for the person he's looking for.

Standing right in front of the house while turning his head around to look for any sign of the residents to be home, Eren grumbled and made a face when seeing none.

"Ireennnnnn~... It's me... Open up...." once again he shouted her name.

He stood still, scratching his head in wonder. "I guess she's out." He mumbled to himself. He brought the lunch box that he'd packed, courtesy to his mom's cook to his view and sighed. "I guess I'll just bring this back home. Even her sister didn't seem to be here."

With that said, the boy left.

- - -

Ireen carelessly wiped her nose with her sleeve when she accidentally sneezed. Scrunching her nose and snorted deeply, she flipped into a new empty page of her sketching book, getting ready to begin her forth drawing. Ireen had moved from her previous place to a location much closer to the horse, since she believed it to be gentle and kind enough to let her nearby. 

She had two full-body drawn, one from front while another from the side, and another one was half-body, the side profile of the horse from the withers to the top. Now she wanted to draw it in three-quarters angle.

Furiously furrowing her eyebrows, she had her all concentration back to the paper and the horse's face. Within ten minutes sketching, she already did the rough line and determined the location of the horse's features. She moved on with drawing its forehead first, then continued down to its muzzle and mouth. She lightly shade the area around the cheek, to give a shadowy effect that will define the structure of the bones, and also darkening the lines of its neck to define the muscles beneath it.