"Go with Meruza," he suggested with hopeful eyes. He didn't want to spend his rest of the day with her, he wanted to stay away from her as much as he could.

"No, she's not my husband. You are. So, you should take me." Haya smiled evilly as she watched his helpless face, "why don't you tell me clearly that you don't want to take me." Abrar heaved a sigh of relief as soon as he heard those words.

"Yes, I don't want to take you out."

"Good. I'll go to bi jaan and ask her help then." Haya dashed out of the room but he quickly followed her behind and caught her hand.

One of the servants who was passing by witnessed this scene and giggled to herself. Haya looked at her and then at Abrar.

"What?" both him and her asked at the same time, the scared servant marched off from there as quick as she could.

"What do you want now?" Haya then turned her gaze to him.

"Fine. Let's go." Abrar huffed as he started to walk downstairs. His hands still held hers, she followed him behind with a victorious smile.

"Masha Allah. Look how cute they both look." Sarah gushed to her niece. Meruza, who was talking with her Tayi Ammi paused to look at what she was pointing at. Her eyes then went wide at the sight of Abrar holding Haya's hands.

"Ammi... I'm going out with Haya. She wants to buy something from the town." Abrar told in an uninterested tone. Haya smiled at her mother in law who nodded her head excitedly.

"Of course. I'm happy that you kids are spending time together. Come back safely." Sarah smiled happily. She really was happy for her son and his wife. They both deserve a lot of love and happiness. She's happy that they're finally giving their relationship a chance. If only she knew.

"Okay then. Allah Hafiz, Sarah auntie. Allah Hafiz, Meruza." Haya waved at the both of them with her other hand as Abrar started to drag her out irritably.

"Stop dragging me, Abrar." Haya huffed as she pulled away from her hands from his grip. They both were now standing on the porch of the Shah Haveli, the guards of the house stared at them curiously. One angry look from Abrar and they all went back to mind their own business.

"Get in the car." Abrar switched on his keys, pulled open the door and got into the driver seat.

"Cool car," Haya muttered in awe as she took a nice glance at the insides.

"Where do you want to go?" Abrar ignored her compliment as he drove out of the Haveli.

"I need to buy some dupatta which would stay on my head and I also want to take a look at the dresses available here." Haya frowned as she replied to him.

He did not talk anything after that. Haya out of boredom stared out of the window and observed that a car was following them for a while.

"Is that car following us?" She asked him hoping that he'd reply and start talking something, anything. But nothing can be expected from a guy like him.

"Yes." is all he said.

Why? She wanted to ask but as though he read her mind Abrar added, "they're my men only, don't worry."

"But why are they following us?" Haya frowned in confusion.

"Ruling the village for over decades is no joke. We have enemies roaming around and they're just doing their jobs. That is protecting our family." Abrar replied in annoyance as he drove faster.

"Stop asking so many questions." Haya glared at him for this.

"I just asked one question. And a genuine one at that."

"Shut up, Haya." Abrar snapped at her.

"Same to you." Haya retorted childishly as she looked away.

Abrar rolled his eyes at her and concentrated more on the driving part. The town was an hour away from their village and it has been half an hour so far. From the corner of his eyes, he watched her doze off tiredly.

She looked so peaceful while sleeping. Anyone who watched her like this would really think she's an innocent angel or something but Abrar knows otherwise. He couldn't believe that she could look this innocent when in reality she was not. Shaking his head in disbelief, he looked away and concentrated on the driving.

He has never been shopping with ladies not even with his own mother. Look at him now.

That's why they say, there's always a first time for everything!

***

Glossary:

Tayi ammi= father's elder brother's wife.

Dupatta= a long piece of cloth worn around the head, neck and shoulders by women from south Asia.