Then his mind along with his notes drifted to something else

In a pale blue spotlight
A figure spins around a voice calls out to you
"Baby...do you like the sound?"

He asked the emptiness.

The undulating acrobat ready to do your bidding says
" Come, you must let me dress you
But first I must do a fitting
Do you like fast? Or do you like it slow?"

Once again his question met his echo.

I know it's better if we make it up as we go
And oh, by the way tell me now what's your name?
I'll let it sweeten my tongue just once
And never speak it again

He felt a peculiar change in the atmosphere

Since this is our little secret
Untarnished memory in a pale blue spotlight
Let me hear you scream, if you are ready for
One nite alone...

A wry smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. Prince turned his head slightly to the dark corridor and finished the song.

...with me.

The doves cooed mocking a cheering crowd and also to alert their owner of an other presence in the house. He could here light footsteps coming from a distance. He stood slowly from his stool and prepared himself to greet his expected guest.

- « I am here, where are you? » Prince asked the frail movements in front of him.
- « Over here, getting closer. I can't see much. » Shelley held out her hands midway to avoid any missteps.
Prince focused on the candles which were on the other side of the hall. Three of them finally inflamed at his command.
-« There! Is it better? » Prince asked while Shelley finally approached him.
-« Thank you. » Shelley smiled and mentioned the piano with a quizzical side look.
-« Yes. They moved it yesterday. » Prince turned around.
- « How are you? » Shelley asked concerned.
-« I was hoping you'd visit again. You're here now. Everything's fine. » He passed her briefly.
- « I heard the music. I needed to check if my first time here wasn't a phantasm. » She wasn't sure of the right way to put it or to look at him without offending him.
-« What do you think?! » Prince asked sternly avoiding direct eye contact.
-« It surely feels like a dream being here...But being able to...envision...your presence ...makes it a little unsettling. Don't you think? »
-« Do I make you uncomfortable? Do I look that bad? » He tried to keep himself from raging.
Prince would have never imagined being rejected again even living in the afterlife.
-« It's not what I said. Besides, I can guess the perfection of what you're wearing tonight. It really looks beautiful. » Shelley could not believe she went this far just to help him keeping his coolness.
-« Thank you...What would you like to do tonight? » His tone softened.
-« I sure would love to hear some of your music. » She settled herself on the sofa next to his grand piano.

 » She settled herself on the sofa next to his grand piano

The room got darker while Prince sat at the piano. Only the light from the full moon above pierced through the pyramidal roof. His features morphed along with the slow movements of the clouds reflecting and floating around him.
The notes resonated thanks to the high ceilings and set the mood for the following minutes.
Shelley was mesmerized and still could not quite fathom with the fact that she was witnessing one of her deepest burried dreams. Music has always been her way of escaping the harsh reality of what life often depicts. She felt protected but something told her to stay vigilant.
What if all this could vanish in a blink of an eye and send her back to her own narrow world?
-"Are you OK? " Prince noticed Shelley's orbits had widden which made him hold his chords.
-" Sorry. I was just thinking out loud. My apoligies if I disrutpted your flow." Shelley looked down to her knees.
-" It's OK. Do you want to go for a walk? We'll take a short cut and I'll show you around the house? The moon is just beautiful tonight. »

They walked down the dark corridors, passed the studios and pushed open the double doors to the sound stage where he played the last time

Shelley looked up and was almost blinded by the bright light of the full moon. It looked like it had multiplied its size and was ready to roll on the floor.
- « Will you be OK out there? » Shelley asked Prince whose features started to evaporate sporadically.
-« Of course! The intensity of the moon will help me. » Prince undulated in front of her.
Shelley positioned herself not far from him ready to stroll through the night.
-« The moon is our light to the Otherworld which can be access via caves, under hills also under or over the seas. »
-« I didn't know that. I learned way back that humans are made of at least up to 60% water and the cycle of the moon can have a profound effect on our every day life. » Shelley was watching with amazement the moon's gliding on her fair skin.
-"So Shelley, tell me, what's your story? " Prince asked manifesting his deep blue light...

Hello Dear Purple beauties, I hope you're all doing well and are keeping yourselves safe from this crazy pandemic. Here's another chapter to my story. I hope you will like it 😉 Please do not hesitate to vote, comment and share. Have a great week-end.