𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 23

Start from the beginning

"This is 'nothing', huh?" You let out an inaudible sigh, it seemed as though everybody cut off your sentences these days and that your opinion didn't matter at all. With nearly no time left to the wedding, you had no choice but to go with what the Emperor wanted of you.

The blonde-haired tailor stood back with a glamorous smile easing his pale, snowy face as he looked at your wedding gown.

"It is no wonder that I am one of the most famous tailors of all time. My work is astounding if I do say so myself," The man glanced to the wall, taking a mental note of the time. "Ah! It seems that you must change out of it now. Our time is nearly up, royal consort." He looked towards the several maids standing to the side, and they immediately rushed over to help you undress in order to change back into your daily wear.

In the meanwhile, the Emperor was finalising any finishing touches for the grand wedding. He planned solely to invite those especially close to the royal family that were in the upper class with the small exception of your brother Kai Fuyomui. Even if it was to be kept between a small number of guests, he was not to make it any less grand.

He rested his chin within the pale palm supported by his elbow on the grand office table. A plethora of paperwork was riddled throughout his desk, each piece of parchment paper being confirmed and checked by Eli himself who was sat at the leather chair meant for guests before the table. It was still fairly early on into the day and with the wedding to happen so soon, the stress of the due date was more than one man could handle alone.

At times like these was the Emperor most thankful to have the loyal first assistant Eli by his side to lighten his load of work.

"Your majesty, I must question your decision to throw out the imperial grandmother. I am glad that you granted the request to at least let her stay in a faraway corner of the palace with only scarce necessities. However, the imperial grandmother's time is running short, and I believe it is best to let her live her final days with freedom and bliss." Eli requested to the Emperor cautiously. Whenever he spoke or made a proposition, Eli knew how to structure his sentences and questions. He had learnt it the hard way when growing up alongside the short-tempered young Emperor.

"You are quite right in the scenario of her being your average elder. However, she has locked me in these walls my whole life has she not?" The Emperor examined Eli's request with a calm demeanour, paperwork in either hand.

"She is the only family member of yours who raised you, your majesty. She has forged you into the man you are today, yes?" Eli responded to the Emperor's comment. He knew how delicate this topic was, however, Eli was always the type to fight for the right thing to be done.

"Indeed, she is, and yes, she is the woman who raised me. However, I believe that human branding her own grandson and making him into her own puppet before he let things go out of hand is not a very appropriate way to raise a young child. I have lived most of my life doing whatever she pleases and granting all her wishes, but now that there is one thing I wish for dearly as an adult, she wants to take it away. All I want is [Name]. If she takes [Name] away, I will not hesitate to show the measures I will take to keep [Name] by my side. If imperial grandmother ignores my lenient efforts to express how [Name] is my only consort with no concubines to be included in the near nor far future, so, therefore, I will not hesitate to show her what I am willing to do for [Name]. "The Emperor reminded Eli, his tone becoming slightly lower with a predatory growl on the edge of each word he spoke.

Knowing that is was best to back off, for now, Eli bowed his head in acceptance of defeat. "As you wish, your majesty."

They continued working in silence for the next few moments before Eli suddenly remembered something, "Ah, your majesty," He began whilst shuffling paperwork in his grasp nervously. He knew it was best to stay silent, but it would be better to tell the Emperor now rather than later. "The Resniyi family.. is not invited?" Eli said in an unsure tone as he scanned through the paperwork of guests over and over again.