Into The Office

Connie stood in front of the reception, summoning all of her confidence. A nice looking lady with red hair smiled at her.

"Hello, welcome to Dunder Mifflin Scranton, what can I do for you?" the lady asked. She somehow kept smiling with every word.

Connie smiled back weakly.
"Hi, I'm Connie Maheswaran here to do the PDA presentations and evaluations."

"Oh okay! My name is Erin, I can tell you the things you need to know. But actually, before I do that I should probably tell Michael that you're here," the lady said, still smiling.

She pressed a button on the reception phone and a ringing sound came from a room next to the door through which Connie and Steven had entered the office. There were blinds on the glass walls of the room, however the fact that these blinds were open meant that the two could clearly see a man sitting, and sleeping at his desk. When Erin realised that the ringing phone on the very desk he was sleeping on would not wake the man up, she just smiled tiredly at Connie.

Erin then made her way over to the door to the glass office and knocked very loudly. This startled Michael enough for him to move slightly in his sleep. Which in turn caused him to fall off of the desk.

Which woke him up.

"Uh sorry to wake you Michael, but the PDA talking person is here," Erin announced, quietly, to Michael.

She was still smiling.

Michael eventually strutted out of his office, and held out a hand each for Steven and Connie to shake. The two looked at each other in slight confusion before doing so.

"I am Michael Scott, regional manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton," Michael announced. He applauded himself and looked at Steven and Connie as if they were also meant to clap. When they had finished, Connie cleared her throat.

"My name is Connie Maheswaran, and the is my... colleague Mr. Steven Universe. We are here to-" Connie was rudely interrupted by a red haired woman at the back of the office.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY HIS NAME WAS?" Yelled the woman.

"Nice- I didn't hear a word any of 'em said either," a very old-looking man whispered loudly enough for everyone to hear. The red-haired woman who had shouted the question gave him a confused look, before turning back to the people at reception.

Steven stepped forward slightly, still grasping Connie's hand tightly.

"My name is Steven Universe," he said, almost proudly. He then stepped backwards again as the entire office stared at him.

Meredith, the red-haired woman who had spoken up before, looked almost as if she was about to question this statement, but decided against doing so when she received a look from Connie. Connie decided to continue with what she had planned to say.

"As I was saying, we are here to evaluate this branch on PDA, and also to give some presentations about why PDA is acceptable in a working environment."

When Connie had finished her short speech, she looked around the room as if expecting someone to dispute this.

When no one said anything, Connie spoke again.
"We will need some basic information for the evaluation bit- but would it be possible to conduct an interview with all of your employees?"

Connie glanced at Michael as she said the last part. He gave her a thumbs up, and gave Connie a list.

"Everyone who works in this office, all sixteen of us!" He said with a smile.

Connie was about to comment on the fact that she had been informed of seventeen people working in this office, when a sad-looking man entered the room from the other end of the office.