Chapter 15 (Bonus Chapter)

Ren finally understood what pure hatred felt like.

All he wanted was to get revenge. His little brother shouldn't be buried six feet under. It should be that worthless soon to be Alpha. When he got his hands on that kid, he was going to kill him.

"Let this go, Ren," a soft voice said from behind him.

Ren didn't bother to turn around. He stared at the gravestone with the name Jared carved into it. How could he let this go? This was his little brother. He was supposed to protect his brother, not let him die.

"You know I can't Emilie."

Emilie frowned. She knew coming here to ask him that was pointless but she had to try. She couldn't watch the anger take over him like it did to her father.

"You have to try. I don't want anything to happen to you."

Ren turned around to face her. Ren loved Emilie to death and he didn't want to hurt her but this was something he just couldn't let go of.

"I can't. This is my brother."

Emilie stepped closer to Ren. "If you don't, the anger is just going to control you. You won't be able to stop it."

Ren shook his head. "I don't care. I have to get justice. For Jared," he said glancing back at the gravestone.

Emilie grabbed Ren's chin and forced him to look her in the eyes.

Ren felt like cringing under her intense stare. Sure she was a small person but damn she could be scary.

"I don't want to see you get hurt."

Ren pushed her hand away. "I'll be fine."

She shook her head. "No you won't." Emilie sighed. There was no arguing with him. Once he made up his mind, there was no changing it. That was one of the many things she loved about him.

"Will you at least tell me what you are going to do?" she asked looking up at him.

He shook his head. "It would be better if you didn't know."

"Who killed him?"

Again Ren shook his head. He started walking off. Emilie followed right behind him. She had to practically run to keep up with him.

"Ren! Ren!" she shouted but he ignored her. She grabbed his hand and tried to force him to stop.

Ren turned around and glared down at her. Her blue eyes were sparkling under the sun's immense light. Emilie pushed her midnight black hair away from her face.

"You can't leave," she said lightly. She tried to reach for his arm but he quickly pulled away.

"I am not going to sit back and let some stupid little kid get away with killing my brother."

Emilie shook her head. "I understand that but you can't go and kill him yourself. How is that justice?"

"You wouldn't understand," he spat at her.

"I don't want to see you end up like my father!" she screamed at him. By now a few tears were rolling down her cheeks.

Ren knew all about Emilie's father. When she was little her mother was killed by a rouge werewolf. Her father went mad with rage and searched everywhere for her mother's killer. And when he found the killer he went after him but ended up getting killed himself. That's when Ren's family took Emilie in as their own.

"I'm sorry Emilie but I have to go. Please don't follow me," he said.

Emilie watched him as he transformed and took off running into the woods. She prayed to God that he would be okay.

"I love you," she whispered even though he couldn't hear her.