Chapter 14

"Shut up Lucas! I'm trying to focus here," I screamed at Lucas.

For our first official date Lucas decided to take me mini golfing. But once we finish our game here I was going to kick his ass at go karts.

Lucas shrugged. "A good player doesn't need to focus."

"Shh!" I said waving my hand in his direction to shut him up. Carefully I pulled back my golf club and lightly tapped the ball. I watched as the neon yellow colored ball slowly rolled into the hole.

I threw my hands up in the air. "Yes!"

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Lucky shot. Your ball was like five inches away from the hole."

I pinched his cheek. "Don't be jealous."

"Don't worry I'm not jealous. But you know you should be scared."

"Why?" I asked confused.

Lucas didn't answer. He picked me up throwing me over his shoulder. He spun around a few times. I burst into laughter.

"Put me down!"

"I'm celebrating your win."

"No you're not. You're torturing me!"

Lucas slapped my butt. "No I'm not."

"Yes you are," I said my words coming out a little slurred. I sounded like I was drunk.

"You're such a drama queen." Lucas set me down.

In return I shoved him away from me and stuck my tongue out at him. Lucas laughed.

"So are you ready for me to kick your butt at go karts?" I asked.

Lucas shook his head. "You got it backwards, sweetheart. I'm gonna beat your butt at go karts."

"You're so on."

Lucas chuckled.

I hate to admit that Lucas did beat me at go karts.

Lucas checked the time on his phone and frowned. "We gotta leave."

"Already?"

Lucas nodded. "But don't worry we can always come back. Or do something even more fun if you want," he said wiggling his eyebrows.

I slapped him on the shoulder.

"Or not," he said with a laugh.

I shook my head. "Pervert."

Lucas laughed. "I'll have you know I'm-"

He stopped walking to look around the parking lot. I froze in place. Lucas' expression went hard and his stance told me he was on alert. I looked around the parking lot to see what made him so tense but I saw nothing.

"Lucas you okay?" I asked.

He didn't answer and that scared me. Instead he just frantically looked around the lot.

"Get in the car," he said tossing the keys to me.

"What's going on?"

"Just run to the car and lock the doors."

I did as he said. I sat in the car and silently waited for Lucas. My heart was beating really fast and I felt a little shaky. Not even twenty seconds later Lucas came to the window and tapped on it. I reached over to the driver's side of the door and unlocked it. Lucas quickly got in and started the car.

"What was that all about?"

"Nothing. I need to get you home."

I grabbed Lucas' chin and turned his face towards me. "What's going on?"