Part 6

It's winter break so hopefully I will be updating quicker. Happy Holidays everybody!

Y/N POV

I had never felt as happy as I did sitting with Hiro at the cafe. It had been forever sinced I had genuinely laughed. I didn't have my usual drag, my usual dark cloud that fogged up my head. It was... strange. But it was nice, it was really nice. Hiro was nice, to say the least. I knew he was a good teacher and all, but he knew how to hold on a conversation. 

I'll be honest, at first, when Hiro's Aunt kept nudging me to talk to him, I was terrified. I wasn't too much of a socialist, I never knew what to say, especially to people I've only known recently. But there was something, I don't know what, but something that made talking so easy. Why was it that for years it was hard for me to talk to my sister, but for this boy that I've only known for 3 weeks, can make me brighten up? I don't think I'll ever know.

Hiro had invited me to see his lab at SFIT, and I was ecstatic. Recently, I've been very isolated and haven't been invited to many social events. Well, this wasn't a social event, but it was someone inviting me somewhere and that felt good all in its own.

" Is your lab big? " I asked

" Eh, it's not huge, but it's not small. It's a good enough size to create, I've always been able to manage in it." Hiro said.

" It must be nice, having a lab, creating what your heart contends, being able to do things that come up to in your kind." I started wondering off.

I looked down at the ground, my mind fogging up again. I am nothing compared to Hiro, what am I even doing right now. Then I felt a small nudge on my arm.

" It's.. it's not all that easy. Somedays I'm up 'till 3 in the morning shooting hundreds of waded up ideas right into the trash. Why? Because I have nothing else better to do than try to make a 3-pointer at 3 o'clock with wasted ideas that I could not wrap my brain around." Hiro said, looking at me with a small smile.

I gave one back, but it faded. "You're still a 15 year old genius in college." I stated.

"Well..." he sighed " I get called that a lot. A 'genius'. And I guess you can say that, but I don't understood why. I used to let that word get to me, and I took way too much pride into it. But now I just say 'look, for me, it's this simple. I see a problem, and I try to fix it', there's nothing more."

I couldn't say anything after that. Mainly because I had no clue what to say after that. It made me rethink a lot about Hiro, about what it was actually like to be him. I still didn't quite understand, but I started to get the surface of it. Or so I thought.

We had finally arrived to SFIT, and the moment we walked in, my jaw dropped. Flying cats, small robots, fast bikes, crazy chemicals, the possibilities were endless. It would be easier to ask me what I didn't see in the labs. My eyes were wide with curiousity as Hiro led me along, occasionally pointing here and there.

Hiro finally led me into his lab.

"Woah." I said

"You like it?" Hiro asked.

" It's pretty cool." I said, while slowly spinning around the room, looking at every wall, edge, paper, scrap, whatever there was to be found.

I finally faced the window. It was a beautiful view of the building next to the main SFIT center.

Hiro, I believe, was getting Baymax up and running. I was still taking in the view. I tried making out the words on the building.

"Tadashi... Hamada... Memorial?" I wishpered to myself.