Chapter 2

Author's Note - Hey everyone, there might be a few changes to certain details in the One Piece World but only because it's needed to sync with the story. Most changed details are usually explained in due time as well like, for example, how Luffy and Ace met.

As the names of Shanks' crew members and their ship duties are not revealed yet, for the time being I've assigned names and duties to them. With any new updated information I'll be changing the names and duties accordingly.

The picture of the crewmembers I'm referring to are from the official One Piece Fandom page. Please check under Red Hair Pirates.

From left to right,

Tengu - Fair man with the shades, light blond hair, and a skull Bandana.

Browler - Tanned man with roundish small eyes.

Takashi - Tanned Man with Purplish Hair and small shades

Matt - Tanned Man with dirty blonde hair with a scar above his eye.

Ibaraki - Slightly tanned man with blackish brownish hair and sharp jagged teeth like a shark.

Anyways, now that the formalities are out of the way... Happy Reading!

__________________________________

Chapter 2

"Captain we need to talk."

Shanks looked up from the map that his navigator had recently drawn. His vice-captain pulled out the chair on the opposite end of the table.

"What's the matter?" Shanks noticed that the vice-captain was fidgeting slightly. "Benn?"

"Well we need to make a stop at the next island again soon."

"Why? Didn't we get enough supplies? We have already rationed the food and water enough to last us for weeks at sea." Shanks reasoned. He was certain that he had rechecked the food and water supply before heading out. "It's only been two days Benn since we left the last village and five days since we left Windmill Village."

"Right." Ben nodded. The door opened softly and both the pirates turned towards the sound. A lean muscular man with dreadlocks sauntered in slowly.

"The chef has been complaining that the food and water are finishing at a rapid rate Cap and he has no clue how. Crew members are either blaming each other or blaming an unnatural cause. We first thought it was rats but we had recently cleaned the ship and had the cleaners completely sanitise the ship of any kind of pests back at Windmill Island." The sniper of the crew spoke and sat beside Benn.

"So, what are you trying to say Chaser? That there's an unknown force eating our food and water? Are you sure it's not just our men trying to sneakily eat more food? I mean the chef is pretty strict with the rations." Shanks sighed. There had been too many times he had wanted to eat one more piece of meat but was always declined harshly by their chef. Captain or not, the chef did not discriminate and made sure everyone ate only the right amount of nutrients needed. Nothing more, nothing less.

"We're not sure captain. That's why everyone is pretty much agitated. Anyways the next island is 2 days away." Chaser replied and pointed to an area on the map. "It's a new town but it should have essentials."

"Alright. Then for two or three days we can stop there to get the ship checked once again. I still place my bets on rats." Shanks smiled and pointed at a miniature clay statue of a mouse beside the maps. Luffy had made the little clay model for Shanks to serve as a paperweight for his work. "It'll set us back for a few days but I don't see the rush anyways."