Chapter 54 Month 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

*******************************************************
Marinette slept a lot during the first week, her body needing the rest as it healed.

She almost always had someone in her room or close by. The whole family rotated it quietly.

At the moment Jason was the one sitting by the table in the room.

"Jason?"

Talking had become easier during the week but it still took a bit of concentration. It still felt like her teeth didn't always fit right.

"How ya doin, tiny badass?" He asked as he put down the gun he was cleaning.

"Hurts a little bit, but at least things are healing... Never wanna be on the end of a crowbar again.." She basically mumbled the last part. Jason still winced.

"I know the feeling..."

Marinette's eyes narrowed a bit. "What do you mean?" She asked carefully, trying not to sound like an ass.

"I've been dead once thanks to him. He beat me up with a crowbar and blew the warehouse half to hell..." His tone is bitter. She doesn't blame him, but she doesn't like the sad and haunted look in his eyes.

"He's going to have it a lot harder now." She commented. She'd heard the doctor talking. The piece of glass took his ability to walk.

Something in the back of her head makes her feel like she should feel bad about it.

She doesn't. She can't.

It was him or her.

She chose herself.

She can't regret that.

"Yeah... You did good, i hope you know that. He's already put way too many people six feet under already." Jason says it seriously and she wonders how he held himself together after coming back from the dead.

"Thank you."

For some time they were quiet. Simply enjoying each others company.

*******************************************************************************

After a week Joker were moved to Arkham.

The Arkham Asylum personnel doubted he'd be escaping anytime soon. Not without use of his legs.

Which made it all the more easy for Harley to get in.

The guards weren't being payed enough to care.

She found him muttering angrily to himself.

Once he saw her he smirked. "Harley, darl-"

He was cut off by her smashing one of her famous bats onto one of his legs hard enough to break it and then to his wheelchair. He hit the floor with a grunt.

Harley didn't give a damn.

She just pulled out one of her fancier knives and held it pressed against his throat.

"That was for Marinette. If you as much as touch her, directly or indirectly, then not even the bat himself will be able to save you." She hissed.

A few hours later, when the guards actually checked on him, he was taken to the infirmary without much fanfare.

**********************************************************************************

Damian checks on Marinette to find her awake and talking with her parents via Skype.

She alternated between answering verbally and showing what she wrote on a paper.

She smiled at the screen and Damian closes the door.