Chapter 14 Dinner part 2

Third pov

Marinette's jaw dropped once she saw the manor. She wished she'd brought her sketchbook with her.

Adrien chuckled and took out one of her spares from his bag. "Figured you'd want one."

****************************************************************

Dick watched their interaction and how Marinette quickly sketched something in the sketchbook.

"She's a designer. We carry sketchbooks in our bags in case she forgets hers."

Chloe watched them with a smile. A genuine one, straight from the heart, and not for the first time Dick wondered just how deep their friendship went.

"I'm glad someone can get inspiration from the manor. The rest of us is so used to it, I guess it must be different for others." He said as he waited for Marinette to finish. "You three must be really close for both of you to carry sketchbooks for her."

"We are, we are very close friends. I wouldn't trade them for anything."

Dick could see some insecurity showing as she said it. An old hurt not that easy to hide.

These kids aren't okay.

They can't be.

Marinette blushed brightly as she realized she'd held them up and squeaked an apology.

Dick just smiled. "It's okay. We're early anyways."

He led them up the steps and opened the doors.

To be greeted by Tim trying to strangle Jason, while Jason laughed and held a cup, that Dick assumed held coffee, over Tim's head.

Dick heard two sets of giggles behind him.

One from Marinette and one from Adrien. Chloe just looked amused.

Jason smiled and waved at them. "Hey-"

He was interupted by Tim straight up tackling him into another room. Ironically making him drop the coffee.

Bruce entered just in time to see it and just sighed. He turned to the three teens. "Hello, it's nice to meet you three. I hope you'll excuse my sons."

Marinette smiled. "Don't worry, we don't mind. It's nice to meet you Mr Wayne."

Dick could see the slight uncomfortable flinch. He could recognize it after years. To Bruce Mr Wayne would always be his father.

"Please, call me Bruce."

"Okay, then please call me Marinette."

Adrien and Chloe echoed Marinette's words, asking them to call them by their first names as well.

The three, while being polite, looked far from relaxed. Backs straight in a way Dick could recognize as someone trying to find a hidden motive than the one they'd been given.

He wondered if they were aware of it themselves or if it was an unconscious reaction.

While Bruce led the three to the dining room where Damian was, Dick went to the room Jason and Tim were wrestling in.

The two seemed to have made up as Jason was fixing his clothes and Tim was drinking what little coffe had survived being dropped.

Dick chuckled. He really loves his brothers.

**********************************************************************

Once everyone reached the dining room Bruce introduced them. "These are my sons Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian. And this is our family butler and family, Alfred Pennyworth."

Marinette could hear Lila's voice in hear head. "Damiboo~". And her brain pushed it together with the same Damian that helped her in school. Chloe and Adrien seemingly came to the same conclusion.

"Wait. You're Damian Wayne?" Chloe asked.

The family looked confused and Damian himself looked hesitant. "Yes."

Marinette face palmed. "Then we should probably warn you that one of our classmates is walking around claiming to be your girlfriend."

Damian looked less than happy about that but replied. "I appreciate the warning, but Grayson has informed me of that."

"So that's what the strange look on your face was!" Adrien looked at Dick. "You knew she was lying."

Dick nodded. "I did. But I choose not to say anything at the time. I wanted to see how far she'd go."

The three friends shared a look.

"You're going to want to stop her soon." Marinette said as they all sat down. "If you let her continue you will have a whole heap of problems following."

"I actually wanted to ask you about that, if it is okay." Bruce started. "My sons have made me aware of many problems within the class and with your teachers negligence. It is something that needs to be investigated for the well being of the teens under her care."

Marinette felt, weird, to say the least. They'd tried for years to get someone- anyone to listen to them about the class behaviour and Madame Bustiers negligence.

And now Bruce Wayne himself were offering help.

And she can't help but feel like it still isn't possible.

"While it's something that absolutely needs to be done, considering the villain currently residing in Paris, it's not a viable solution at the monent." She finally answered.

"A villain in Paris?"

"Yes. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it. He preys on negative enotions and turn people into something called akumas. Then he lets the loose on Paris to get the Ladybug earrings and Chat Noir's ring." Chloe answered.

Marinette continued. "Which is why taking care of the class situation isn't possible at the moment. It's simply to many risks involved."

***************************************************************

Bruce nodded. "I can understand that but then you three would be stuck in a very bad situation."

He wanted to see if they would hold that ground.

The dark haired teenager shook her head. "We know. But we have been in it for several years now and we can make it. Paris heroes have it tough as is. Especially since the akumas have become much more violent in later years."

There was a familiar look flashing in all three of their eyes. One that just screams I've seen more than you know and more than I've ever wanted to.

Okay, any other pov's you'd like to see during the coming dinner chapters?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)