Panic

The wolves and the horrid cat-like creature silently paraded their way to the city wall. Taking notice of how sleek and stealthy they were, I silently prayed that they wouldn't do anything... I glanced up at the towers and saw Taro and his crew waiting in a deadly suspense along with the rest of the villagers and soldiers. The last thing I wanted was for him to get hurt. These monsters were obviously fully equipped for killing. They walked with no sound at all and a deadly grace. Always sure of every move they made. It terrified me.

The first enormous wolf had reached the wall. It had to be the alpha. He (I'm guessing it was a he) was enormous. Bigger than all the rest. He sniffed a wooden spike protruding from the wall. When his nose reached the end he cowered away. It was tipped with silver.

"Werewolf!" someone cried.

A nearby villager silenced them and we all kept watching in anticipation. So far, besides sizing me up, the werewolf hadn't paid any attention to the crowd of onlookers. It approached the wall again, this time with more courage. It weaved in-between the spikes but was stopped, to my delight, by the stream that the soldiers had created around the village. It was a brilliant plan!

I was overjoyed to be safe, but still reminded that there were many more hideous monsters out there than just werewolves. A sudden shiver ran up my spine as I realized the day had just begun.

"So...." Rosette looked over at me, "what now?"

I had been so into watching the werewolf that I had completely forgotten Rosette was sitting right next to me on the rooftop.

"I actually have no idea... I don't really want to come down from this roof just yet." I replied.

"Aw, is someone a wittle scared? Poor baybeeee!" Rosette joked.

I rolled my eyes, "Aren't you the least bit scared?" I asked.

"Nope!" Rosette winked.

I was about to reply when I was cut off by a blood curdling scream and then a series of loud gasps. Rosette and I looked at each other in surprise and then began searching the area for the source of the sound. Suddenly, Rosette grabbed my arm and spun me around. I looked at the outside of the border. A small child, no older than the age of 10, had somehow managed to fall over the wall onto the other side and was being stared down hungrily by the largest wolf.

___________________________________________________________________

Ooooh cliffhanger! I got an iPad for Christmas so I'll be better at remembering to update now!!

Enjoy ;)